Marriott wasn’t as quick to announce new flex policies as Hyatt, Hilton or IHG, but they have now come out with new policies on existing reservations, new bookings and loyalty program benefits. Here is a summary of the latest Marriott Bonvoy COVID-19 updates.
Marriott Bonvoy COVID-19 Updates:
- Cancellation Policy Updates
- New Reservation Flexibility
- Extended Marriott Bonvoy Benefits
Cancellation of Existing Reservations
For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, Marriott will allow full changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival,* as long as the change or cancellation is made by June 30, 2020.
* Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
Flexibility with New Reservations
For guests making new reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates, between March 13, 2020 and June 30, 2020, Marriott will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date.
* Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
Extended Marriott Bonvoy Benefits
Marriott has made the following adjustments to the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Status Extension: The Bonvoy status you earned in 2019 will be extended to February 2022.
- Points Expiration: To provide you ample time to redeem points, the expiration of points will be paused until February 2021. At that time, your points will only expire if your account has been inactive for at least 24 months.
- Suite Night Awards (SNAs): The expiration of suite night awards has been extended by one year from December 31, 2020 to December 31, 2021.
- Free Night Award (FNA): Members who currently have an active Free Night Award (FNA) expiring in 2020 as part of their credit card benefit, annual choice benefit, promotions or travel package will be able to use it through January 31, 2021. (Exception: Members in mainland China, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR and Taiwan the Free Night Awards will be extended 12 months into 2021 from the date of expiration).