Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
- What is the IHG Friends and Family Rate?
- IHG Brands that honor the family & friends rate
- The Current IHG One Rewards Promotion: Summer 2023
- IHG One Rewards Review: In-Depth Guide to IHG’s Loyalty Program
- The Best IHG Corporate Codes & Discounts for Business Travelers
- IHG Friends and Family Rate – How Anyone Can Save 30% at IHG!
- Ultimate Guide to IHG Hotels & Resorts (2023)
- IHG Travel Agent Rates: How Travel Advisors Save 50% with IHG!
The IHG Friends and Family rate allows you to book discounted rates on rooms at Kimpton, Intercontinental, Regent, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Crowne Plaza, Indigo, Staybridge Suites, and Candlewood Suites hotels.
The best part about it….. It’s available to everyone!
The IHG Friends & Family rates definitely can save you some money. I’ve seen discounts ranging from 15% to over 30%, but it definitely has some downsides too.
Here is everything you need to know about the IHG Family and Friends rate.
What is the IHG Friends and Family Rate?
Most hotel companies offer discounted rates for their employees, family members, and even their friends. For example, Marriott has the Marriott Explore Rate, Hilton has the “Go Hilton” Team Member Rate, and Hyatt has a Friends and Family Rate. But IHG has gone one step further and made their friends and family rate available to everyone.
How to Book the IHG Friends and Family Rate
Here is how you can get it:
- Go to the IHG Friends and Family booking website.
- Enter to location and dates you want to stay then hit the “Find a Hotel” button. The Friend and Family rate code should already be embedded in the form, but you should double-check to be sure.
It’s that easy!
How much can I save with the IHG Family and Friends Rate?
The savings can actually be pretty good with this rate. I took a look at the rates for a random night at the Kimpton Monaco in Seattle. The friend and family rate was 15% better than the advance purchase rate and 24% better than the flexible rate.
I have seen discounts of up to 30%, depending on the brand and location.
Deposit and Cancellation Policy
IHG Family and Friends rates require a one-night deposit at the time of booking. If you have to cancel, the deposit may or may not be refundable, depending on when you cancel.
Canceling your reservation before 6:00 PM (local hotel time) three days prior to your arrival date will result in no charge. However, if you cancel your reservation after 6:00 PM (local hotel time) three days prior to arrival, or fail to arrive altogether you will have to forfeit your deposit. Taxes may apply.
Failing to call or show up before check-out time after the first night of a reservation will result in the cancellation of the remainder of your reservation.
If you book a stay starting on April 18, then you can cancel the reservation before 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on April 15 and get your deposit back. Canceling your reservation after 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on April 15, or failing to arrive altogether will result in forfeiture of your deposit.
Make sure you look at your specific booking, in the event the IHG hotel you book has a tighter cancellation policy for the friend’s rate.
IHG Brands that honor the family & friends rate
You can book IHG family and friends rates at the following IHG brands:
- Luxury and Lifestyle Brands:
- Regent Hotels
- Six Senses Hotels
- Vignette Collection
- Kimpton Hotels and Resorts
- Hotel Indigo
- Premium Collection Brands:
- Crowne Plaza
- voco Hotels
- EVEN Hotels
- Essentials Collection Brands:
- Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express
- Suites Collection Brands:
- Candlewood Suites
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations
- Staybridge Suites
- Atwell Suites
Downsides of the Family & Friends Rate
While the rate can offer some sizable savings, it is not without downsides. Here are a couple of things you need to be aware of when booking at this rate.
- The stay will not qualify for and get bonus points with the current IHG promotion
- Rate requires a first-night deposit that is refundable if canceled in accordance with the hotel’s cancellation policy.
- Elite benefits may or may not be honored – it is up to the individual property
Other Terms and Conditions to be aware of
- There is a maximum of seven (7) nights and five (5) rooms per stay.
- These rates cannot be booked by IHG Travel Agents.
- The Friends & Family Rate is available to friends and family of all full-time and part-time employees of all IHG companies, IHG hotel owners or managers, and IHG franchisees.
- The Friends & Family Rate for each hotel will be determined independently by each hotel and will vary with hotel locations/occupancy and blackout dates.
- All room reservations are subject to each hotel’s standard room reservation and cancellation policies and procedures.
If the rate’s good enough, it can justify the trade-offs and the downsides. Just make sure to think all this through before booking.
This is just another way to save on your paid hotel stays. Always check the friends and family rate before booking any IHG property. The savings can be significant!
More Great Content for IHG Rewards Fans
If you like what you’re reading now, here are some more great articles every IHG Rewards member should check out!