Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
Hilton has a great employee discount program for hotel stays. With the “Go Hilton” team member discount, Hilton offers it’s employees (known as “team members”), as well as their family and friends, one of the best discount programs in the industry.
To qualify for this program, you just have to be a current Hilton “team member” or owners club member.
- A “team member” includes all regular full-time, part-time staff and seasonal staff, as long as they are actually employed by Hilton and/or the hotel and work a regular schedule.
- An owners club member is someone who owns 25% or more of a Hilton property.
The Hilton Team Member Travel Program
The “Go Hilton” Program offers team members deeply discounted, fixed room rates at Hilton properties. The rates vary by brand, as follows:
- $35 USD for Hampton, Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2 Suites and Tru by Hilton
- $45 USD for Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites and Tapestry
- $55 USD for Curio, Canopy and Hilton Grand Vacations
- $75 USD for Waldorf Astoria and Conrad
This is a great way to book a group vacation since you can book up to four discounted rooms per stay. According to Hilton’s policy, team members may reserve up to two rooms with the team member discounted rate and up to two more rooms with the Family & Friends rate, for a total of up to four rooms per stay. The rooms can be booked for up to 7 consecutive nights at a given property.
The program is also very generous in terms of how many discounted nights a team member can book annually. You can book up to 30 nights per calendar year with a team member rate and up to 70 room nights per calendar year with the Family & Friends rates, for a total of 100 room nights per calendar year.
What is the Hilton Family and Friends Rate?
In addition to the “Go Hilton” Team Member rate that’s available to Hilton employees, Hilton also offers a discounted Friends and Family rate so you can extend your benefits to the people you are closest to.
To be eligible for the Hilton Family and Friends rate you’ll need to have an active Hilton Honors account and be referred by a Hilton employee. The employee will have to add you to his/her eligible friends and family list so you’ll need to provide them with your Hilton Honors number and name, as it appears on your account.
Note: Make sure to give them your information exactly as it appears on your account or the approval will not go through, so make sure to double check you supply the correct information.
After the friends and family members have been added to the team member’s list, they will be able to book the Family & Friends rates themselves on the “Go Hilton” booking site up to 1 year in advance of their planned stay.
The Family & Friends rate is 50% off the Hilton’s Best Available Rate, which is Hilton’s lowest advertised rate and is subject to the hotel’s standard cancellation policies. Approved Family & Friends can reserve up to two rooms with the Family & Friends rate per hotel stay for up to seven nights.
If your family member and/or friends don’t have a Hilton Honors account yet, they can sign up at HiltonHonors.com/join.
Hilton Team Member Food & Beverage Discount
Team members can also receive discounts when dining on property. This discount is not tied to the room rate and gives team members a 50% discount on food and beverage on property.
However, there is one small caveat to check out before you bank on that 50% food and beverage discount. It only applies to restaurants that are under the same management as the hotel, so double check and make sure before you splurge on that dinner. Also, this only applies when you are staying at the hotel with a team member rate.
Do Elite Benefits apply with the “Hilton Go” Rate?
Another great feature of the team member program is that they honor elite status and honors points. Meaning, you can also potentially get a nice upgrade and earn a bunch of points with your discounted rate!
Important Terms and Conditions for the Rates:
- You must behave yourself when staying with these rates or you could be fired. Hilton terms state that bad behavior when staying under these rates could result in loss of the benefit or potentially even being fired.
- You cannot barter or sell your reservation using this rate to anyone else.
- Team Members cannot use the rate at the property where they regularly work
Booking Terms and Restrictions
- All bookings with this rate have to be made on the Go Hilton website by the guest who will be staying. Team Members will have to login with their personal Team Member Hilton Honors information, and the approved friend and family will also have to login with their Hilton Honors information. Reservations with this rate cannot be made through any other booking channels.
- The Hilton team member will have to be present at check-in and for the entire stay to receive the “Go Hilton” Team Member rates. No one else can use Team Member rates, but they can use the friends and family rate.
Annual Night Terms and Conditions
- Every Hilton Team Member is allowed to book and/or use up to 30 “Go Hilton” Team Member rate room nights plus up to 70 Family & Friends rate room nights per calendar year, up to 100 room nights per calendar year between the two rate types.
- Any room nights booked under the “Extra” Team Member or “Extra” Family & Friends rates will not count against the Hilton Team Members’ annual room night total.
Family and Friends Terms and Restrictions
- The Hilton Team Member rates and the Family & Friends rates are for leisure travel only. The cannot be used for business travel of any type.
- You cannot reserve Hilton Team Member or Family & Friends rate reservations at multple hotels for the same dates.
- Team Members can reserve up to two rooms with the “Go Hilton” Team Member rate and up to two Friends and Family rate rooms together per stay, per hotel, for a total of up to four rooms, which is nice when traveling with a family or group.
- Hilton Team Members can stay in a single hotel for up to seven straight nights with the “Go Hilton” Team Member rate and for up to seven straight nights with the Hilton Friends and Family rates, or vice versa. However, they cannot stay for more than fourteen straight nights between the two sets of rates per stay, per hotel.
- Approved Family & Friends can reserve up to two Family & Friends rate rooms for up to seven straight nights at a time per stay, per hotel.
All details of the Go Hilton Team Member and Friends and Family Rates can be found here.
Frequently asked Questions
As the employee, the rate is eligible to be used at any Hilton property globally, with the exception of the hotel you are employed with. However, your friends and family can book the friends and family rate at any hotel. This assumes the rates are available, and they generally are if the hotel has less than 90% occupancy.
Fundamentally, it’s really no different than with any reservation. Just log into the “Go Hilton” home page with your Hilton Honors login information to manage your reservations. The biggest difference from a regular reservation is that this must be done on the “Go Hilton” page, not your normal Hilton Honors account.
Unfortunately, the answer is no. The Hilton Reservations & Customer Care center cannot assist with reservations for Hilton Team Member rates or Family & Friends rates.
There is a customer support line, however, these representatives cannot book, modify or cancel Go Hilton reservations. Any changes you want to make have to be done through the Go Hilton booking web site.
Inside the United States and Canada (toll-free): +1-800-548-8690
Outside the United States and Canada (not a toll-free call): +1-800-449-4155
More Content for Hilton Honors Fans:
If you like what you are reading now, here are some more great articles every Hilton Honors member should check out!