Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
Hilton has a great employee discount program for hotel stays. With the “Go Hilton” team member discount, Hilton offers its employees (known as “team members”), as well as their family and friends, one of the best discount programs in the industry.
To qualify for this program, you just have to be a current Hilton “team member” or owners club member.
- A “team member” includes all regular full-time, part-time staff, and seasonal staff, as long as they are actually employed by Hilton and/or the hotel and work a regular schedule.
- An owners club member is someone who owns 25% or more of a Hilton property.
The Hilton Team Member Travel Program (“TMTP”)
The “Go Hilton” Program offers team members deeply discounted, fixed room rates at Hilton properties. The rates vary by brand, as follows:
- $35 USD for Hampton, Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2 Suites, and Tru by Hilton
- $45 USD for Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, and Tapestry
- $55 USD for Curio, Canopy, and Hilton Grand Vacations
- $75 USD for Waldorf Astoria and Conrad
This is a great way to book a group vacation since you can book up to four discounted rooms per stay. According to Hilton’s policy, team members may reserve up to two rooms with the team member discounted rate and up to two more rooms with the Family & Friends rate, for a total of up to four rooms per stay.
The rooms can be booked for up to 7 consecutive nights at a given property.
The program is also very generous regarding how many discounted nights a team member can book annually.
You can book up to 30 nights per calendar year with a team member rate and up to 70 room nights per calendar year with the Family & Friends rates, for a total of 100 room nights per calendar year.
“Go Hilton” Team Member Travel Rate
Hilton Friends & Family Rate
In addition to the “Go Hilton” Team Member rate that’s available to Hilton employees, Hilton also offers a discounted Friends and Family rate so you can extend your benefits to the people you are closest to.
To be eligible for the Hilton Family and Friends rate you’ll need to have an active Hilton Honors account and be referred by a Hilton employee.
The employee will have to add you to his/her eligible friends and family list (in the “Hilton Lobby”) so you’ll need to provide them with your Hilton Honors number and name, as it appears on your account.
Hilton Lobby – Where you set up friends and family members
The Hilton Lobby is the name of the Hilton team member portal where family and friends can be set up and connected to the Hilton employee.
How to add friends & family members to a Hilton Lobby employee profile:
- Log into the Lobby at Lobby.hilton.com. (If you don’t have access to the Lobby go to Lobby.hilton.com, click on New Users, and follow the prompts to set up your Hilton ID.)
- Click on “My Applications” in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Click on “Go Hilton Account”. This will bring you to your Go Hilton Account where you can manage your Family & Friends list
You may have up to 30 family and friends on the list at a time. The list may be updated at any point, so you can add or remove names as needed.
You will need the following information from your family and friends to add them to your list:
- Hilton Honors Account #: Family and friends must have a Hilton Hilton Honors Account #. They can sign up for a Hilton Honors account at www.joinhonors.com.
- First and Last Name: The names you enter must be exact matches to the names on your family members and/or friends’ Hilton Honors accounts.
Note: Make sure to give them your information exactly as it appears on your account or the approval will not go through, so make sure to double-check you supply the correct information.
How to Book the Go Hilton Family and Friends Rate
After the friends and family members have been added to the team member’s list, they will be able to book the Family & Friends rates themselves on the “Go Hilton” booking site up to 1 year in advance of their planned stay.
The Family & Friends rate is 35-50% off the Hilton’s Best Available Rate, which is Hilton’s lowest advertised rate and is subject to the hotel’s standard cancellation policies.
Approved Family & Friends can reserve up to two rooms with the Family & Friends rate per hotel stay for up to seven nights.
If your family member and/or friends don’t have a Hilton Honors account yet, they can sign up at HiltonHonors.com/join.
“Go Hilton” Team Member Travel Rate
What are “Extra” Team Member Rates and “Extra” Family & Friends Rates?
“Extra” discounted rates are offered at the discretion of a given property based on the current business climate and their reservation needs.
These rates aren’t discounted quite as much as the traditional Hilton Team Member or Family & Friends rates, but the good news is that they don’t count against your annual night limit, so if the rate is good, and you plan on “maxing out” your team member nights throughout the year, you may want to consider booking these rates first.
The rates will show up on the reservation search results as “EXTRA TEAM MEMBER” or “EXTRA FAMILY-FRIENDS”. These are great rates, but they are harder to find, especially at popular destinations.
The “Go Hilton” Long Tenure Travel Program
Not only does Hilton offer these great rates to current employees, but you can also get a discount if you worked for Hilton for over 10 years but are no longer active employees.
The Go Hilton Long Tenure Travel Program has two tiers:
- Team Members who worked for Hilton for 10-20 years. These former Hilton employees have access to Friends and Family rates for up to 70 nights per year, for life.
- Team Members who worked for Hilton for over 20 years. These former Hilton employees have access to Go Hilton Team Member rates for up to 30 nights per year and Friends & Family rates for up to 70 nights per year, for life.
These rates are only available to the former Hilton team member. They cannot be passed on to their family or friends.
“Go Hilton” Team Member Food & Beverage Discount
Team members can also receive discounts when dining on the property. This discount is not tied to the room rate and gives team members a 50% discount on food and beverage on the property.
However, there is one small caveat to check out before you bank on that 50% food and beverage discount.
- The discount only applies to restaurants that are under the same management as the hotel, so double-check and make sure before you splurge on that dinner.
- Also, this only applies when you are staying at the hotel with a team member rate.
Do Elite Benefits apply with the “Go Hilton” Rate?
Another great feature of the team member program is that they honor elite status and honors points. This means that you can also potentially get a nice upgrade and earn a bunch of points with your discounted rate!
Tips for Finding Hilton Employee Discount Rates
Here are some tips to consider when booking Hilton TMTP rates.
You may not get the exact dates you want, but these tips will help you get a great “Go Hilton” rate at a great hotel or resort.
1. Use the Flexible Dates Feature
Go to the Go Hilton Portal and search for a one-night stay, then click the ‘My dates are flexible’ box. This will let you see TMTP rate availability each day in a calendar view for the hotel where you want to stay.
By searching for just 1 night on the flexible search feature, you will find each night that offers the rate.
By contrast, if you were to search for a 3-night stay and only 2 of the nights offered the rate, the search would come back as not available.
2. Mix and Match Rates
By using the flexible dates feature, you may find that the Go Hilton TMTP rate is available on 3 of the 5 nights of your planned trip. If this is the case, make separate bookings. One reservation with the nights the TMTP rate is available and another booking at the best available rate or maybe a friend and family rate.
Even though you won’t get the rate for your entire trip, the savings will still be huge!
3. Be Flexible With Your Travel Dates
This may be tough if you are not a “planner”, but try to book your room as far out as possible to take advantage of all potential availability.
If you don’t find availability at the hotel you are looking for, keep checking. “Go Hilton” rate availability is based on each property’s forecasted occupancy, which can change frequently.
The room may not be available today, but in another month or two that could change.
Terms & Conditions for Hilton TMTP Rates:
- You must behave yourself when staying with these rates or you could be fired. Hilton terms state that bad behavior when staying under these rates could result in loss of the benefit or potentially even being fired.
- You cannot barter or sell your reservation using this rate to anyone else.
- Team Members cannot use the rate at the property where they regularly work
Booking Terms & Restrictions
- All bookings with this rate have to be made on the Go Hilton booking site by the guest who will be staying. Team Members will have to log in with their personal Team Member Hilton Honors information, and the approved friend and family will also have to log in with their Hilton Honors information. Reservations with this rate cannot be made through any other booking channels.
- The Hilton team member will have to be present at check-in and for the entire stay to receive the “Go Hilton” Team Member rates. No one else can use Team Member rates, but they can use the friends and family rate.
Annual Night Terms & Conditions
- Every Hilton Team Member is allowed to book and/or use up to 30 “Go Hilton” Team Member rate room nights plus up to 70 Family & Friends rate room nights per calendar year, up to 100 room nights per calendar year between the two rate types.
- Any room nights booked under the “Extra” Team Member or “Extra” Family & Friends rates will not count against the Hilton Team Members’ annual room night total.
Family and Friends Terms & Restrictions
- The Hilton Team Member rates and the Family & Friends rates are for leisure travel only. They can’t be used for business travel of any type.
- You can’t reserve Hilton Team Member or Family & Friends rate reservations at multiple hotels for the same dates.
- Team Members can reserve up to two rooms with the “Go Hilton” Team Member rate and up to two Friends and Family rate rooms together per stay, per hotel, for a total of up to four rooms, which is nice when traveling with a family or group.
- Hilton Team Members can stay in a single hotel for up to seven straight nights with the “Go Hilton” Team Member rate and for up to seven straight nights with the Hilton Friends and Family rates, or vice versa. However, they cannot stay for more than fourteen straight nights between the two sets of rates per stay, per hotel.
- Approved Family & Friends can reserve up to two Family & Friends rate rooms for up to seven straight nights at a time per stay, per hotel.
“Go Hilton” Code of Conduct for Team Members
If you want to take advantage of these rates, you need to be on your best behavior. Here is the Hilton Code of Conduct Policy, as stated on Hilton’s website. This should be very easy to adhere to:
“Eligible participants traveling under the Go Hilton travel programs are bound to the Hilton Code of Conduct. Eligible Participants are expected to embody Hilton Values and uphold the exceptional reputation of Hilton during every stay at member properties.
Eligible Participants will be held accountable for any undue duress placed on the hosting property. Behavior inconsistent with program rules and our HILTON Values may result in the loss of these privileges and disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
Family and Friends of Eligible Participants who use the Family & Friends Travel Program are also a reflection of the Eligible Participant. Any inappropriate behavior by Family and Friends may also result in loss of these privileges for the family/friend and the Eligible Participant.”
Frequently Asked Questions
As an employee, the rate is eligible to be used at any Hilton property globally, with the exception of the hotel you are employed with. However, your friends and family can book the friends and family rate at any hotel. This assumes the rates are available, and they generally are if the hotel has less than 90% occupancy.
Fundamentally, it’s really no different than with any reservation. Just log into the “Go Hilton” home page with your Hilton Honors login information to manage your reservations. The biggest difference from a regular reservation is that this must be done on the “Go Hilton” page, not your normal Hilton Honors account.
Unfortunately, the answer is no. The Hilton Reservations & Customer Care center cannot assist with reservations for Hilton Team Member rates or Family & Friends rates.
There is a customer support line, however, these representatives cannot book, modify or cancel Go Hilton reservations. Any changes you want to make have to be done through the Go Hilton booking website.
Inside the United States and Canada (toll-free): +1-800-548-8690
Outside the United States and Canada (not a toll-free call): +1-800-449-4155
All of the major hotel chains offer some level of discount or free travel to employees and their family members. Hyatt has the best employee discount program of all the major hotel chains because they give you 12 completely free nights at any Hyatt property in the world, every year. Marriott has “The Marriott Explore Rate” which is similar to the “Go Hilton” Team Member Rate and the IHG Employee Rate because employees are provided with a deeply discounted nightly rate. These are great perks for hotel employees and team members who work very hard every day and should be able to enjoy discounted trips to some great properties as well.
“TMTP” is the acronym/abbreviation for the Hilton Team Member Travel Program.
Yes. Points will be awarded for the room rate and incidentals. (Please note Hilton Points will not be earned for incidentals at Hampton, Homewood Suites, Home2 Suites, and Tru.)
Guests staying under Team Member or Family & Friends rates just need to present a photo ID at check-in. Other authorization forms (including the old paper Passports) aren’t required for anyone. Team Members must be present at check-in and for the duration of Team Member rate stays.
“Thrive at Hilton” is Hilton’s philosophy for their team members that if they are at their best personally and professionally, they will give their guests the best experience they can have. This includes access to learning and career development opportunities, a flexible work environment, or industry-leading benefits (like the Team Member Travel Program).
More Content for Hilton Fans:
If you like what you are reading now, here are some more great articles every Hilton Honors member should check out!