Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
The “Marriott Explore Rate” is the name for the Marriott’s employee discount code that is offered to employees when traveling to Marriott hotels & resorts for leisure. These rates are heavily discounted and can also be extended to the employee’s family and friends, which is why it is often also referred to as the “Marriott Friends and Family” rate.
If you’re one of the 200,000 current Marriott employees, (or even if you just know one) you can get in on the savings. This guide will tell you everything you need to know about these special rate codes, who is eligible, and how to use them to save a ton of money.
The Marriott Explore Rate: Marriott’s Employee Discount Program
All of the major hotel chains offer some level of discount or free travel to employees and their family members.
Hyatt has the best employee discount program of all the major hotel chains because they give you 12 completely free nights at any Hyatt property in the world, every year.
Who is Eligible for the Explore Rate?
Marriott “Associates” and “Immediate Family Members” are eligible for the Explore Rate.
Marriott Associates are defined as:
- Full-Time and Part-Time employees
- Seasonal, Temporary, and Pool, including furloughed and temporary layoff employees, who have a valid discount form
- Employees of Design Hotels are not eligible for the “explore” program. Also, if you work for a Vendor of Marriott, you are not eligible for the explore rate.
Immediate Family Members are defined as:
- Parents or Parents-in-law
- Spouse or Domestic Partner
- Siblings (Brother or Sister)
- Cousins, Brothers in-Laws, Sisters in-Law, Uncles, and Aunts are not considered immediate family. They are considered “extended family” and can use the Explore Friends Rate.
Marriott Employee Rate Codes
There are three types of Marriott employee rates available under the “Marriott Explore” program. These low rates are available to employees, friends, and family members when using the proper rate code.
- Marriott’s Explore Rate code is “MMP” and is for employees and immediate family members.
- The Marriott Friends and Family Code is “MMF” and is for friends and distant family members.
- The Quarter Century Club Code is “QCC” and is for 25+ year employees of Marriott.
Marriott Employee Discounts (“MMP Rate”)
The Explore Rate is for Marriott hotel employees and their family members. Luckily, the definition of what Marriott considers a family member is fairly broad and includes spouses, domestic partners, parents, parents-in-law, brothers, sisters, and children.
When using the Marriott MMP rate, the employee can book a maximum of 2 rooms per night, and the immediate family member can book a maximum of 1 room per night with the discounted rate. The total rooms per night tied to the employee cannot exceed 2 rooms at the same time.
For example: If an employee has 2 rooms, a parent cannot book an additional room at the same hotel on the same date. However, if the employee has just 1 room, then a parent (or another immediate family member) can have 1 room at the same hotel on the same date.
The discount can be 50-60% off the normal rates, so they have to provide a cap on its usage to make sure it is not abused.
Marriott Explore Code
The Code for the Marriott Explore Rate to use when booking is “MMP”. At check-in, eligible guests must present a photo ID AND the Explore Rate Authorization Form.
When using the Marriott employee discount rate there is a voluntary $3/night donation to the TakeCare Relief Fund added at participating properties. TCRF is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) entity primarily supporting managed associates affected by emergencies.
Marriott Friends & Family Rate (“MMF Rate”)
If you’re not a member of a Marriott employee’s immediate family, you can still get the benefit of a reduced rate with the Marriott friends and family discount. This rate isn’t as good as the Marriott employee rate, but it still can offer some nice savings for friends and distant family members.
To use this code, all you need to do is ask your family member or friend (“the employee”) to get an Explore Rate Authorization Form for you to complete. They can get this from either Marriott Human Resources or download it directly from the Marriott Global Source intranet site. This form is a requirement to receive the Marriott friends and family discount.
The terms of the Friends and Family rate are:
- The rate is available to family members and friends of Marriott associates only for personal travel only.
- The rate is available to Marriott employees for personal travel only.
- There is no limit on the number of rooms per night or nights per stay.
- This rate is eligible to earn Marriott Bonvoy points or miles.
- Authorization Forms are available through Human Resources or Marriott Global Source.
- Voluntary 3 USD/night donation to the TakeCare Relief Fund added at participating properties. TCRF is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) entity primarily supporting managed associates affected by emergencies.
Marriott Friends & Family Code
The Code for the Family and Friends Rate to use when booking is “MMF”. At check-in, eligible guests must present a photo ID AND the Explore Rate Form.
When using this code there is a voluntary $3/night donation to the TakeCare Relief Fund added at participating properties. TCRF is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) entity primarily supporting managed associates affected by emergencies.
How to book a room with a Marriott Employee Rate Code
The booking process is very easy. You’ll just need to use the Marriott “MMP” Code when booking the employee rate direct on Marriott’s website. (If you are booking the friends and family rate use code “MMF”).
Here’s a quick example to show you how to book the rate and what level of discount you can expect, based on a sample search I did for a Marriott hotel weekend stay in Chicago.
- Go to Marriott’s booking site
- Click on the “Find & Reserve” tab on the upper left portion of the page
- Enter the location you are traveling to and the travel dates
- Click on the Special Rates Drop Down
- Click the “Corporate/Promo/SET#” button and enter “MMP” in the “Enter Code” box
- Enter the destination and dates you want to travel then hit “Find Hotels”
Here are just a few of the results from our sample search.
With this Chicago example, a bunch of Marriott hotels participate in the program and offer an employee rate. The savings are great, with room rates that are less than half of what you would normally pay.
Marriott Quarter Century Club (“QCC”)
The Quarter Century Club (“QCC”) is Marriott’s program for employees (and former Marriott employees) who have worked at Marriott or a Marriott hotel property for 25 or more years. These long-time employees are rewarded with complimentary rooms at participating Marriott locations. Plus, they will continue to have access to the employee discount, “Explore Rates” for paid stays.
This program applies to approximately 2,000 Marriott hotel and resort properties but excludes their most exclusive properties, including:
- Design Hotels,
- Luxury Collection,
- Ritz-Carlton and
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts.
You can download a list of participating properties from the Marriott Digital Asset Management site.
Marriott “QCC” Rate Terms & Conditions
- QCC members are allowed one complimentary stay per property per year, subject to availability.
- QCC members may stay up to three nights at the same property during the same stay.
- Members may book one room at the QCC complimentary rate, and if desired, one additional room at the Explore Rate or Explore Friends Rate.
How to book a Marriott QCC Rate
- QCC members should first book the Explore Rate as stated earlier at marriott.com (use the Marriott Bonvoy App)
- Then call or email the QCC Customer Engagement Center to determine if the Explore Rate can be changed to the QCC complimentary rate.
- To check complimentary rate availability, call (800) 826-1882 in the U.S. or call (402) 390-1600 ext. 2281578 outside of the U.S., or email: [email protected].
Marriott Explore Rate Authorization Form
To get an authorization form, you have to be a Marriott employee or have Marriott HR provide you with the form. Here are the steps:
- Go to Marriottforms.com
- Enter your EID and password.
- In the Form/Card Number field, enter the Validation Code to pull up the validation information.
- Make sure the following information matches:
- The Associate Name field must match the form’s (Name of Associate),
- The Guest Name field must match the form (Name of Guest), and
- The Expiration field must match the form’s (Expiration Date).
Marriott Employee Food & Beverage Discount
Marriott Employees (and their friends and family) also receive discounts when dining on property. The discounts are not as good as what Hilton offers its employees, but they will save 20%, which can add up over the course of a stay.
Additional discounts include:
- 20% off Food and Beverage
- 20% off Spa Treatments
- 30% off Retail at Marriott Stores
- 30% off Golf Tee Times and Apparel
More Content for Marriott Bonvoy Fans
If you like what you are reading now, here are some more great articles every Marriott Bonvoy member should check out!
- Detailed Guide and Review of the Marriott Bonvoy Loyalty Program
- Everything you need to know about Marriott Platinum & Titanium Status
- How to save with Marriott Corporate Discount Code
- The latest Hilton Honors Promotion and other ways to save on your Hilton stays
- The Marriott Explore Employee Rate – Are you eligible for big savings?
- Marriott Travel Agent Rates
- Save up to 30% with Marriott Breakaway Rates for Leisure Travel
Frequently Asked Questions:
You will need to present a valid ID, such as a Driver’s license or Passport, and your Marriott authorization form.
No. You must be actively employed by Marriott to use the program.
A Marriott EID is an Enterprise Identification (EID) and is used to access Marriott International intranet sites and business applications.
Yes. Marriott hotel employees get a 30% discount on retail purchases and purchases made on ShopMarriott.com, which includes luxury items like the Westin Heavenly Bed, a Ritz Carlton Mattress, or St. Regis Pillow.
Since Sheraton is a member of the Marriott family the same rate codes apply to all Marriott Brands. “MMP” for employees and “MMF” for friends and family.
StarHOT rates were employee rates for Starwood employees before SPG was acquired by Marriott. These rates have been replaced by the Marriott Explore Rate.