Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
This guide provides an in-depth look at renting and saving with National, including a summary of their rewards program, National Emerald Club. You’ll learn all about National Car Rental, the deals they offer and how to get the most of each car rental.
Either read everything sequentially, or use the Table of Contents (above) to jump to the section that’s most relevant to you.
It’s all here. Check it out!
National Car Rental Promo Codes
Let’s start off with some deals, discounts and promo codes offered by National. The following are some of the current National Promo Codes and Offers:
|National Car Rental Special Offers and Promotions|
|Free Single Upgrade on Your Rental Car|
|One-Way Rentals from $9.99|
|$20 Off Weekly Base Rate|
|$20 Off Weekend Base Rate|
|Last Minute Specials|
National also offers some very big discounts to companies that book a lot of corporate travel. The negotiated rates are booked through the use of a corporate code entered in your reservation. Here is a list of the most popular National Corporate Discount Codes.
Emerald Club – National’s Loyalty Program
National’s loyalty program is called Emerald Club. It is similar to other programs in that membership allows you to bypass the counter and provides additional benefits to frequent renters. However, where is stands out is the Emerald Aisle Feature, which allows you to choose whatever car you want off the lot.
Enroll in the National Emerald Club Program here…
National Emerald Aisle
The Emerald Aisle is what really differentiates National from all other car companies (such as Hertz, Budget and Avis). They say the Aisle gives you Speed, Choice and Total Control and I agree 100%. All you have to do is reserve a mid size car (there is no need to pay for a full size or premium) and you will have your choice of cars on the lot. Depending on how often you rent you will have access to:
- Emerald Aisle (mid-size cars or better)
- Executive Aisle (full size cars or better)
- Executive Elite Aisle (full size cars or better)
While not every National Car Locations offers Emerald Aisle service, there are over 70 locations in the US and Canada. Just about any major airport has an Emerald Aisle.
Emerald Club Elite Status
There are three levels of Emerald Club Status –
National Emerald Club Member:
This is the base level of status available to any member of Emerald Club. As a base level offering it provides quite a few perks including:
- Emerald Aisle Access – Choose any car (Midsize and above) on the Emerald Aisle and only pay the Midsize rate. (in US and Canada)
- Choose Rewards – With each rental you can either choose Free Rental Days or miles and points with your favorite frequent traveler program.
- No Second Driver Fees – Never pay extra when family members and business associates do the driving
- Ability to Earn National Credits with Enterprise Rentals – Rent at participating Enterprise Rent-A-Car locations to earn Free Rental Days and higher status with Emerald Club
- Free Rental Days – Earn 1 rental credit for every qualified car rental. Free Rental Day = 7 credits
- Plus some other interesting benefits – see them all here
Emerald Club Executive:
After 12 paid rentals or 40 paid rental days in a calendar year you will be an Emerald Club Executive member. You’ll receive all the benefits of Emerald Club membership plus a higher level of privileges, including:
- Executive Area Access – Choose any car (Full size and above) in the Executive Area and only pay the Midsize rate. (in US and Canada)
- Earn Free Rentals Faster – Earn 1 rental credit for every qualified car rental. Free Rental Day = 6 credits
- Guaranteed Upgrades – You’re always guaranteed a free upgrade when you reserve using the Midsize rate. (in US and Canada) – this is primarily for locations that do not have Emerald Aisle Service
Emerald Club Executive Elite status is attainable with 25 paid rentals or 85 paid rental days in a calendar year. You’ll receive all the benefits of Executive status plus:
- Guaranteed Vehicle – A guaranteed car (up to a Full size) with 24-hour notice when you reserve using the Midsize rate. (in US and Canada)
- Earn Free Rentals Even Faster – Earn 1 rental credit for every qualified car rental. Free Rental Day = 5 credits (any car class with no blackout dates)
- Private Airport Delivery – National will have your car waiting at most private airports within 50 miles of us. (in US and Canada)
How to Earn Free Rentals with National
Of all the major car rental companies, National offers the fastest way to earn free rental days. You’ll earn 1 rental credit for every qualified car rental. As your status in the Emerald club program moves higher, you’ll earn free rental days faster. For example:
- Emerald Club Base Member – Every 7 credits equals a Free Rental Day.
- Emerald Club Executive Member – Every 6 credits equals a Free Rental Day
- Emerald Club Executive Elite Member – Every 5 credits equals a Free Rental Day
National also offers promotions to help you earn free rental days faster. The most popular of which is a program called “One, Two, Free” which comes available from time to time and allows you earn a free day after 2 rentals of two or more days.
National Car Small Business Program
Most travel companies offer a small business discount program, to entice small companies to do business with them via discounts and other perks. National’s program provides a customized business rental program to small businesses with additional discounts and benefits for your employees.
If you have a small business, you can register for the National Business Program here..
Frequently Asked Questions
No. At this time they do not participate in the AAA discount program.
Yes. National has a military discount program that offers members of the military discounts on their rental cars.
Yes. National has many travel partners that allow you to earn points in their program vs. free rental days. These include both airlines and hotels.
No, you can’t use your National Car Rental free rental day credits with Enterprise. However, you can earn National free rental credits and elite status by renting a car from Enterprise.