Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
Hyatt is leading the pack with promotions and bonuses during this unprecedented COVID-19 period. They have drastically reduced requirements for earning World of Hyatt elite status for 2021 and are extending the current “Bonus Journeys” promotion, which initially launched back in October. Plus they are giving up to a 25% rebate on stays booked with points. Here is a summary of the current Hyatt promotions.
Current Hyatt Promotion Details
Details of the World of Hyatt “Bonus Journeys” Promotion include:
- Register by January 15, 2021 to be eligible to earn bonus points
- Earn up to 225,000 bonus points on stays through February 28, 2021
- All members can earn 3X points for every qualifying stay (up to 150,000 Bonus Points)
- World of Hyatt credit card members can earn 4X points for every qualifying resort stay (up to 75,000 Bonus Points)
- All nights count twice for everyone – once when they’re earned and again in 2021 toward elite status and Milestone Rewards
World of Hyatt Promotion Registration
World of Hyatt Promotion
Get 25% Back on Award Stays
With three great promotions on the market right now, Hyatt has the most aggressive promotion strategy of any of the major hotel chains. Here is a breakdown of the points you can earn with the current Bonus Journeys promotion.
Points earned with the promotion:
With this promotion, you will earn triple points on all stays and quadruple points if you are staying at a Hyatt resort. Earning triple points will get you an extra 10 points per dollar, while earning quadruple points will earn an extra 15 points per dollar
Points earned without the promotion:
Without the promotion, you can earn up to 9.5 points per dollar spent, as follows:
- All World of Hyatt members earn five base points per dollar spent
- World of Hyatt Elite members receive further bonuses:
- Discoverist members earn an extra 0.5 points per dollar,
- Explorist members earn an extra 1.0 points per dollar, and
- Globalists earn an extra 1.5 points per dollar
- If you pay for your stay with the World of Hyatt Credit Card you earn an extra four World of Hyatt points per dollar spent
With the current Bonus Journeys promotion, a Globalist member paying with the World of Hyatt credit card can earn 20-25 World of Hyatt points per dollar spent. Assuming each point is worth about 1.7 cents, that represents up to a 37% return (in points) on every dollar you spend during the promotion period.
Elite Status Bonus – Earn World of Hyatt Status Faster!
In addition to the bonus points, Hyatt is offering a big incentive to earn elite status in half the time.
Hyatt is lowering the requirements by 50% for earning all elite tiers in 2021. This means that members will be able to qualify or re-qualify for elite status with half the Tier-Qualifying Nights or Base Points that are normally required.
With the 50% reduction in requirements:
- Discoverist status will require five Tier-Qualifying Nights or 12,500 Base Points
- Explorist status will require 15 Tier-Qualifying Nights or 25,000 Base Points
- Globalist status will require 30 Tier-Qualifying Nights or 50,000 Base Points
More Content for World of Hyatt Fans:
If you like what you are reading now, here are some more great articles every World of Hyatt member should check out!
- Detailed Guide and Review of the World of Hyatt Loyalty Program
- How to save with Hyatt Corporate Discount Codes
- The latest World of Hyatt Promotion and other ways to save on your Hyatt stays
- Link your Hyatt and American Airlines accounts for more bonus points
Important Terms and Conditions of the World of Hyatt Promotion:
- Triple Points Bonus: You must be a member of World of Hyatt and register for the promotion between October 1, 2020 and January 15, 2021 to participate. To join World of Hyatt, visit worldofhyatt.com, and to register for the promotion, visit hyatt.com/bonusjourneys.
- All eligible stays under this promotion must be completed October 1, 2020 through February 28, 2021 (“Promotion Period”). Beginning on your first eligible stay after registration, you will receive Triple Points on eligible spend for stays at Hyatt hotels and resorts worldwide and participating M life Rewards destinations, Small Luxury Hotels of the World (“SLH”) properties, and Lindblad Expeditions. Maximum 150,000 Bonus Points may be earned for the Triple Points Bonus during Promotion Period.
- Hyatt and World of Hyatt Credit Card Bonus: Beginning on your first eligible stay completed after registration and during the Promotion Period, you will receive Quadruple Points on eligible spend for stays at participating Hyatt resort locations (instead of Triple Points). For a list of participating Hyatt resort properties, please visit https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/promo/hyatt-resorts. An additional maximum 75,000 Bonus Points (for a total of 225,000 Bonus Points) may be earned for the Hyatt and World of Hyatt Credit Card Bonus during the promotion period for eligible spend at participating resorts.
- Bonus Nights: Tier-Qualifying Nights on stays completed during the Promotion Period will also count as bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits for 2021. Bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits do not qualify for fast-track, quick qualify, or other elite tier qualification offers. The bonus nights will be posted to accounts after the promotion ends.
- For the purpose of this promotion, an “Eligible Night” is defined as any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award for at least one night of their stay.
- Only the room occupied by the member will count toward this promotion. You must provide your World of Hyatt membership number at the time of check-in for each stay.
- Please allow two to three weeks after your qualifying stay for Bonus Points to be posted to your World of Hyatt account. Promotion not valid with other offers, promotions or discounts and is non-transferable. Consecutive nights at the same hotel are considered one stay even if guest checks out and back in.