The details of the current Hilton Honors Promotion have been announced. It’s called “Points Unlimited” and is open for registration as of January 1, 2021.
Details of The Current Hilton Honors Promotion
With this promotion, Hilton Honors members can earn:
- 2,000 bonus points with every stay
- 5,000 bonus points after every five nights.
Hilton Honors Promotion:
The 5,000 Bonus Point award can be earned an unlimited number of times. Each time you reach 5 nights, the count resets. If you reach 5 nights in a stay and have additional nights during the same stay, the additional nights will start counting toward the next 5,000 Bonus Point award.
Additional details to be aware of:
- The promotion is valid for stays between January 1 and May 2, 2021.
- You must Register for the promotion prior to your first stay to be eligible
- Award stays count toward the promotion, so you can earn bonus points when you redeem your points or use a free night certificate. You will earn 2,000 Bonus Points per stay on reward stays. Reward stays will also count towards the 5,000 Bonus Point award.
- There’s no limit to the number of points you can earn with this promotion
- All Hilton brands are participating
Earn More Points with Elite Status and Hilton Credit Card
The table below shows the amount of points you’ll earn with a $150 hotel night, without the bonus points from the current Hilton Honors promotion. The amount of points you’ll earn will vary depending on your elite status level and if you use a Hilton Honors credit card to pay for your stay.
A common valuation of Hilton Honors points is .6 cents per point. This gives a Gold Elite member and 11% return on a $150 night stay and bumps it to an 18% return when pay with the Hilton Surpass card, (which gives you automatic Gold Status). When you add the bonus points from the promotion into the mix, you’ll get an even better return.
If you pay with the Hilton Aspire card (which gives you automatic Diamond Status), you’ll get a 20% return on your stay by paying with the card – not including the added points from the promotion.
There are many variations of this depending on how many nights you stay, what level of status you have with Hilton, and if you pay with a Hilton Credit Card. Do the math yourself and see if this is a good promotion for you.
Either way, always sign up for every promotion. It won’t cost you anything and will only take a couple of seconds to sign up. If you forget to sign up, you won’t get the bonus points…
What counts as a “Stay” with Hilton
Be aware, not all stays will qualify for this promotion. Hilton has updated it’s Terms and Conditions regarding what type of bookings will count as a “stay” for purposes of promotions, elite status and earning points. Here’s Hilton’s current definition of a “stay”
A “stay” is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in again.
Specifically excluded from the definition of “stay” are the following types of ineligible stays:
- wholesale/tour operator packages;
- contracted crew rates;
- travel agency discount rates;
- packages exclusively for casino player card holders;
- unauthorized Members staying on Go Hilton Team Member or Family & Friends Travel Rates;
- stays secured utilizing Hilton Grand Vacations Club and Hilton Club timeshare programs, Hilton Grand Vacations marketing packages with a sales presentation requirement;
- complimentary or barter rooms;
- NET Group rates;
- Series Group or IT Group rates;
- contracted Entertainment or Encore rates;
- third party websites bookings (irrespective of rate paid) such as Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, etc.; and
- “opaque” channel bookings where the brand may or may not be known at the time of purchase.
Hilton Honors Promotion:
Terms & Conditions of the Latest Hilton Promotion
- Offer valid for stays completed January 1 – May 2, 2021 (“Promotion Period”) at any hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio.
- Hilton Honors™ members must first register at HiltonHonors.com/pointsunlimited prior to completing a stay within the Promotion Period.
- Registered Hilton Honors members checking in before January 1, 2021 will receive Points for their stay if the stay is completed on or after January 1, 2021 and prior to or on May 2, 2021.
- Registered Hilton Honors members will earn 2,000 Bonus Points per stay during the Promotion Period, as well as an additional 5,000 Bonus Points for every 5 nights completed.
- There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that may be earned during the Promotion Period with this offer, and the 5,000 Bonus Points award can be earned an unlimited number of times.
- Each time a member achieves 5 nights, 5,000 Bonus Points will be awarded and the member’s night count will reset. Additional nights earned over the 5 night threshold in a stay will count towards achieving the member’s next 5,000 Bonus Point award. For examples and further details, please see the FAQ page.
- However, there are restrictions on the amount of Base Points that can be earned on a single stay at certain brands.
- Bonus Points do not count toward elite tier qualification.
- Please allow six to eight weeks from completion of your stay for Bonus Points to appear in your account.
- A ‘stay’ is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in again.
- Space-available upgrades only available at select brands. Elite status benefits are subject to availability and vary by brand. For more information, please visit HiltonHonors.com.
More Hotel Promotions
Here are some other hotel promotions you should register for