Marriott has released the details of its first Bonvoy promotion of the year. It’s called “Elevated Earning” and offers 2,000 bonus points for every stay, starting with your second stay. Keep reading and learn the important details of the latest Marriott Bonvoy Spring 2020 Promotion.
Marriott Bonvoy Promotion Details
Here are the highlights of the Marriott Bonvoy “Elevated Earning” Loyalty Promotion:
- You must register to be eligible to earn bonus points
- Registration ends May 31, 2020
- Earn 2,000 bonus points for every stay, starting with your second stay.
- Valid for stays between March 17 and June 14, 2020
- There’s no limit to how many points you can earn
Targeted Marriott Bonvoy Promotion
How to Maximize the Promotion
Most hotel loyalty promotions tend to award either travelers with frequent stays or those that stay longer and rack up a bunch of nights. This promotion is definitely geared to travelers with “more stays” vs. those with “longer stays” – i.e. more nights per stay.
“Traveler 1” is a Technology Salesperson who tends to move from city to city and only stays 1 night at a time at any given hotel. For this example, “Traveler 1” stays one night per week at a Marriott hotel over the promotion period. With the promotion period lasting 14 weeks, “Traveler 1” would have 14 single night stays which would provide:
- 2,000 bonus points for each stay
- 28,000 total bonus points on top of the standard earning
“Traveler 2” is a Business Consultant that travels to the same location every week and typically stays 3 nights at the hotel for every week of the promotion period. With the promotion period lasting 14 weeks, that would be 14 stays and a total 42 nights of which would provide:
- 2,000 points for each stay
- 28,000 total bonus points on top of the standard earning
Both travelers earn the same benefit from this promotion, however
- “Traveler 1” earns a total of 28,000 bonus points which equates to 2,000 bonus points for every stay or 2,000 bonus points per night
- “Traveler 2” earns a total of 28,000 bonus points which equates to 2,000 bonus points for every stay or 667 bonus points per night
“Traveler 2” stay 3 times as many nights and spends 3 times as much money as “Traveler 1”, yet they both earn the same number of bonus points. This is a decent promotion for “Traveler 1”, but “Traveler 2” would be much better off with a promotion that maximizes total nights or total dollars spent.
One more thing. Since the promotion is not tied to spend, it also rewards travelers that stay in lower priced Marriott properties, or those that have a discounted Corporate Rate. You will get 2,000 bonus points whether you pay $120 for a night at a Fairfield Inn or for $1,000 for a night at a St. Regis.
Additional Points with Elite Status and Marriott Credit Card
The table below shows the amount of points you will earn with a $150 hotel night, without the bonus points from the current promotion. The amount of points you earn will vary depending on your elite status level and if you use a Marriott Bonvoy credit card to pay for your stay.
A common valuation of Marriott Bonvoy points is .8 cents per point. This gives a Platinum Elite member and 17% return on a $150 night stay and bumps it to an 22% return when pay with a Marriott credit card. When you add the bonus points from the promotion into the mix and pay with your Marriott credit card, you will get a 33% return on your stay (assuming it’s $150/night – actual return will vary depending on hotel rate).
If you have the Titanium status, you will get a 35% return on a $150 stay when you pay with the card and include the bonus points.
There are many variations of this depending on how many nights you stay, nightly rate, what level of status you have with Marriott and if you pay with a Marriott Credit Card. Hopefully, the examples here gave you a feel for the potential of this bonus. Do the math yourself and see if this is a good promotion for you.
Either way, always sign up for every promotion. It won’t cost you anything and will only take a couple of seconds to sign up. If you forget to sign up, you won’t get the bonus points… Register here...
More Content for Marriott Bonvoy Fans:
If you like what you are reading now, here are some more great articles every Marriott Bonvoy member should check out!
- Detailed Guide and Review of the Marriott Bonvoy Loyalty Program
- How to save with Marriott Corporate Discount Codes
- The latest Marriott Bonvoy Promotion and other ways to save on your Marriott stays
- How to save up to 50% with the Marriott Explore rate
- The Guide to Marriott Platinum and Titanium Elite Benefits
Terms & Conditions of the Marriott Bonvoy Promotion Spring 2020
- Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy Account is required.
- Marriott Bonvoy members who register for this promotion by May 31, 2020, will earn 2,000 bonus points per stay, starting with their second stay, during the promotion earning period.
- The promotion earning period is for stays between March 17, 2020, and June 14, 2020, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties.
- A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any Points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”).
- Rates available through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency rates do not qualify for this promotion.
- Homes & Villas by Marriott International, ExecuStay®, Marriott Executive Apartments® and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus Points, and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus Points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
- A member who elects to earn Miles is not eligible for this promotion.
- For a list of current participating brands, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi.
- Visit http://marriottbonvoy.com/elevatedearning or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.