Check out these American Airlines Promo Code & Discount Code Offers to save when you fly American!
These promotions, discounts and sale fares include first class, business & economy class and are valid from major global markets served by American including United States, Europe, Asia and many more great locations!
American Airlines Promo Code & Discount Codes
If you are looking to earn a free flight on American Airlines with frequent flyer miles, make sure you check out these AAdvantage Promotions, and Credit Cards that earn American AAdvantage Miles or transfer to American. Promo Codes are great, but Free is better!
American AAdvantage Promotions & Bonus Mile Offers
Earn up to Triple American Miles
American Airlines Business Extra
How (and where) to Apply an American Airlines Promo Code:
American does have a box for you to enter an American Airlines Promo Code, but it takes an extra step to find it. First click on the American Airlines Promo Code link in the table above. This link will take you to the proper booking page.
After you have entered your dates and destinations and picked the flights you want, the next step is the enter your passenger information. This is the page where you can enter the American Airlines Promo Code. Scroll down and you will find the promo code box near the bottom of the page.
American Airlines AAdvantage Credit Cards
The quickest way to earn American AAdvantage Miles, especially if you are not a road warrior, is through credit card spending and sign up bonuses. With American, you can earn miles through a variety of credit cards – either with a co-branded American AAdvantage card or with one that offers transfer options to American such as the Starwood Preferred Guest card (which has a great 5,000 mile bonus feature with transfers). Here are the best credit cards for earning American Airlines Frequent Flyer Miles.
American Airlines Co-Branded Credit Cards
American Airlines Co-Branded Credit Cards are available as both a personal and business cards through Citi and allow you to earn American AAdvantage Miles on every purchase you make.
- Citi / AAdvantage Executive
- Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select
- Citi / AAdvantage Gold
- Citi / AAdvantage Bronze
- CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select
- CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Select
American Airlines also has a set of Co-Branded Credit Cards with Barclay
- Aviator Silver MasterCard
- Aviator Red MasterCard
- Aviator Blue MasterCard
- Aviator MasterCard
- Aviator Business MasterCard
SPG Credit Cards that transfer to American AAdvantage Miles
Starwood Preferred Guest (“SPG”) Points can be transferred to American AAdvantage Miles – Get 25,000 AAdvantage Miles for every 20,000 Starpoints with the SPG 5,000 mile bonus feature. Other increments transfer at 1:1.
With the Marriott / Starwood Merger, Marriott Co-Branded Credit Cards are also now an option to transfer to American and take advantage of the 5,000 mile bonus! You can instantaneously transfer from your Marriott to Starwood account, then over to American.
- Starwood Preferred Guest American Express
- Starwood Preferred Guest BUSINESS American Express
- Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card
- Marriott Rewards Premier BUSINESS Card
- Ritz Carlton Rewards Visa
AmEx Cards that Transfer to American AAdvantage Miles
- American Express Green Card
- Platinum Card from American Express
- Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
- Amex Everyday Preferred Credit Card
- Amex Everyday Credit Card
- Gold Card from American Express
- Blue from American Express Card
- The Mercedes-Benz Credit Card from American Express
About American Airlines
American Airlines is the world’s second largest airline, in terms of passenger miles. American has four hubs: Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Chicago (ORD), Miami (MIA), and New York (JFK). Los Angeles (LAX), St. Louis (STL), San Juan (SJU), and Boston (BOS) serve as focus cities and international gateways for American.
American Airlines Frequent Flyer and Loyalty Program – AAdvantage
AAdvantage is the name of American Airlines frequent flyer program. As a member of the AAdvantage program, you’ll earn miles when you fly on American, oneworld and other participating airlines, as well as over 1,000 partners
You can join the AAdvantage program, by signing up on their website.
You can also earn American frequent flyer miles by spending with American Airlines partners
- Airline Partners
- Hotel Partners
- Rental Car and Ground Transportation Partners
- Dining & Specialty Partners
- American Airlines Shopping Portal
- Cruises and Vacation Partners
American Airlines Alliance Membership – OneWorld
American Airlines is a founding member of oneworld, which brings together 13 of the world’s leading airlines – and around 30 affiliates – including:
- American Airlines, the biggest airline in the USA – and the world.
- British Airways,the leading carrier serving the world’s top business city, London.
- Cathay Pacific Airways, the top airline serving Asia’s “world city” Hong Kong.
- Finnair, emerging as one of the leading airlines connecting Europe with Asia.
- Iberia, the leading airline between Europe and Latin America.
- Japan Airlines, the iconic airline based in Asia’s top business city Tokyo.
- LATAM Airlines, Latin America’s leading airline group, created through the merger of LAN Airlines and TAM Airlines plus their various affiliates.
- Malaysia Airlines, one of South East Asia’s most frequent award winners.
- Qantas, the only Australian airline that is part of any global airline alliance.
- Qatar Airways, one of the most highly rated and fastest growing airlines worldwide and the only one of the major Gulf carriers to have joined a global alliance.
- Royal Jordanian, the first airline from the Middle East to join any global airline alliance.
- S7 Airlines, Russia’s highest quality domestic airline.
- SriLankan Airlines, the first airline from the Indian sub-continent to join any global airline alliance.
American Airlines Flight Service Offerings
American has a variety of seating options including Basic Economy, Main Cabin, Main Cabin Extra, Premium Economy, Business, and First Class.
American Airlines Economy Class
American offers 4 flavors of economy class –
- Basic Economy
Basic Economy is American’s attempt to compete with the low cost carriers – it is a very restrictive fare class and should be avoided unless the savings are substantial, because there are a lot of fees that can be added… and they add up quickly!
The restrictions include – One item that fits under the seat in front of you (no access to overhead bins), Seats assigned at check-in, Fees to choose a specific seat, Not eligible for upgrades, No flight changes or refunds, Board in last group
- Main Cabin
Main Cabin is American’s standard economy class product. Your seat will include free snacks and inflight entertainment
- Main Cabin Extra
Main Cabin Extra seats have a little more space but you have to pay for them, starting at $20. Seats are located in front of the Main Cabin and offered on most flights, subject to availability.
- Premium Economy (Long Haul Flights)
Premium Economy seating includes special amenities in the air and on the ground with seats behind First or Business. You can buy a ticket on our 787-9 and A330-200 aircraft as well as select 777-200 planes flying to Hawaii and on international routes over 3,000 miles. The seats have more legroom and wider, adjustable leather seats with extendable foot and head rests and the dining is higher quality that main cabin.
American Airlines Business Class
American Airlines Flagship Business class tickets give you access to premium amenities and services and are available on international flights over 3,000 miles. Amenities include lie flat seats, premium dining, lounge access and in flight entertainment.
American Airlines First Class
American Airlines Flagship First tickets give you access to their best and most exclusive amenities and services and are available for international flights over 3,000 miles. Amenities include lie flat seats (all with direct aisle access), premium dining, award winning wine list, lounge access and in flight entertainment.
American Airlines Contact and Customer Service
P.O. Box 619616
DFW Airport, TX 75261-9616
Visa and Passport Requirements of American Airlines
Before you book your flight make sure you are up to speed with the latest information regarding visa and passport requirements. Here is a link to American Airlines Travel Document Guidelines.
If you have to renew or obtain a new passport, make sure you follow the passport application rules, including how to obtain a proper passport photo. Sometimes it’s the little things that can cause a big headache if you don’t follow to rules.