Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
Small business travel programs are a great way for employers to save money and earn points on their travel spend without sacrificing the points and miles the employee earns. They’re offered by most major airlines, hotels and rental car companies.
But they aren’t all the same. While they all have similarities in terms of the benefits they offer, they’re very different in terms of how they work and where they apply.
This guide provides an overview of what travel companies offer small business travel programs, how they work, what benefits they offer and who can apply for them.
Airline Small Business Programs
The three major U.S. airlines (American, Delta & United) all offer business rewards programs for small and medium-sized businesses. While the qualifications for joining varies across the programs, the overarching principle is the same. Allow the business and employee to benefit from the travel spend and both earn “miles or points” for their paid flights.
Here’s a summary of the most popular airline small business programs.
Business Extra – American Airlines Small Business Program
The Business Extra program is a travel award and incentive program that allows you to lower your business travel costs by earning points for your company’s travel on American Airlines, American Eagle, and American Connection, which can then be redeemed for flights and other exciting awards. The program also allows you to manage all of your American Airlines business travel details online.
Once you enroll in the program, your company will receive credit towards Business Extra points every time one of your employees use your Business Extra account number when they purchase qualifying tickets. Your employees will still earn their individual Advantage miles in addition to the Business Extra Points your company can accrue.
Choose from more than 50 award options, including international travel, First and Business Class travel, upgrades, Admirals Club memberships, Conference Room rentals and One-Day Passes; even Advantage Gold Status!
Register for Business Extra Here….
SkyBonus – Delta Airlines Small Business Program
Delta SkyBonus is complimentary business travel rewards program designed specifically for small to mid-sized companies that fly Delta. SkyBonus turns your business travel budget into rewards by converting the dollars your company spends for travel on Delta Air Lines or one of our partners into SkyBonus points.
Your company earns points for eligible travel purchased and flown after your enrollment date that can be redeemed for a wide variety of valuable travel awards: including tickets, First Class/Business Elite upgrades, Delta Sky Club memberships, Sky Club passes and more.
Companies are required to spend a minimum of $5,000 USD in eligible flight revenue and have a minimum of five unique employee travelers each calendar year to remain active in the program and keep available points.
Register for Delta SkyBonus here….
PerksPlus – United Airlines Small Business Program
As a participant, your company earns points that can be redeemed for valuable rewards for your employees’ business travels. It works in addition to United’s Mileage Plus program and Miles & More, the frequent flyer program of Lufthansa, allowing both individual travelers and companies to earn benefits.
Register for United PerksPlus….
Hotel Small Business Programs
Similar to the airlines, the major hotel chains also offer small business travel programs, however, they are not consistent with their geographic coverage. Some apply to any company in any country, others are specific to a geographic region such as EMEA or just the Asia Pacific region.
Here’s a quick summary of the major hotel small business programs.
The Hilton small business program is called “Hilton LocalBiz” and is focused on the Asia Pacific region.
As a valued corporate member of the Hilton Local Business Program, you’ll receive exclusive discounts ranging from 9-15% off on the Best Available Flexible Room Rate at participating hotels within the Hilton portfolio in the Asia Pacific region. This region includes Australasia, Greater China, Mongolia, India, Japan, Korea and South East Asia.
Once you register you will be given a unique Corporate Code to book your hotel nights. Becoming an Hilton Local Biz member also provides special meeting rates and flexible terms and conditions for meetings held in participating hotels within the region.
Marriott Bonvoy Business Ready
The Marriott Small Business program is called Marriott Business Ready and is focused on the EMEA region.
Join Marriott Bonvoy Business Ready and take advantage of the following benefits that are available at hotels across the UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa:
- Access to exclusive discounted rates, including breakfast
- A monthly tracking and reporting dashboard
- Mobile check-in, late check-out, upgraded Wi-Fi access
- Plus, when you join Marriott Bonvoy you’ll receive 2,500 bonus points on your first stay as a new member (T&Cs apply).
The Hyatt Small Business Program is called “Hyatt Leverage” and is a global program, not tied to a specific region.
Key program benefits of Hyatt Leverage participation include:
- Save up to 25% off standard rates at participating hotels worldwide
- Convenient booking through Hyatt.com and Hyatt Reservation Centers
- A dashboard that allows administrators to view traveler information, reservations and room expenses, as well as track total bookings and room spend
- Email templates that allow administrators to easily share information with travelers
- The ability for World of Hyatt loyalty members at participating companies to earn points on stays booked through Hyatt Leverage
IHG Business Edge
The IHG Small Business Travel program is called “IHG Business Edge” and, like Hyatt, is a program open across the globe.
As a member of IHG Business Edge, you’ll gain access to discounts at all participating IHG hotels globally, an automatic upgrade to IHG Rewards Club Gold Elite status after your first stay with the program, and access to a customized portal with compelling insights and reporting for your business.
Rental Car Small Business Programs
In addition to hotels and airlines, rental car companies also offer small business programs. Here is a summary of the small business programs offered by the major U.S. car rental companies.
Avis for Business
With Avis for Business you get complimentary Avis Preferred membership to help you avoid lines and paperwork. Simply sign up for the Avis for Business program and add on Avis Preferred at any time.
- Enjoy expedited service and go straight to your car at most locations.
- Accelerate your rewards by opting into Avis Preferred Points. Receive points for every qualifying dollar you spend. Redeem for rentals, accessories and upgrades.
- Keep rental preferences on file and track your activity and rewards.
- Exclusive monthly email offers.
- The more you rent with Avis, the closer you are to Avis Preferred Plus providing even more benefits.
Budget Business Program
The Budget Business Program is an easy-to-join program with endless travel perks for you and your company. As members, you can save money on every rental, earn credits and so much more!
Some of our Budget Business Program benefits include:
- Up to 30% off base rates.
- $3 reward credit for every qualifying rental day.
- Access to the Budget Business Program member-only website.
- Complimentary Fastbreak membership to allow you skip the counter at pickup.
- A dedicated support team.
Hertz Business Rewards
Hertz Business Rewards is a program under which small and medium-sized businesses may receive reduced rates and other benefits in consideration for their allowing Hertz and its affiliates, licensees and unaffiliated business partners to market their goods and services to the businesses participating in the program.
Benefits for the company
- Up to 20% off
- Free rental days
- Special offers
- Customized billing
Benefits for employees
- Free rentals for personal use
- Free Hertz Gold membership
- Special offers
- Special rates for personal travel
National & Enterprise Small Business Travel Program
National Car Rental and Enterprise Rent-A-Car offer customized business rental programs designed specifically to meet your company’s global transportation needs while saving you time and money. Benefits include discounted rates, access to their travel management solution and complimentary emerald club membership.
Enterprise and National are owned by the same parent company and share the small business program.
Benefits of the Enterprise and National Business Car Rental Program include:
- Discounted corporate rates for car rental
- Thousands of locations in 100 countries and territories with access to an extensive fleet
- Flexible rental lengths with no-penalty cancellations or rental extensions – rent for a day, week, month or more
- Bypass the counter for no-touch rentals at National – choose any vehicle and go (participating locations in US and Canada with Emerald Club membership)
- Complimentary Emerald Club membership for all travelers, offering expedited service and the ability to earn points at Enterprise and National
- Options for damage coverage and billing solutions for all your transportation needs