In this article we dig into Hilton travel agent rates and airline employee discounts to see just how much you can save by using these rates.
Here is everything you need to know….
What are Hilton Travel Agent Rates?
If you work for either a travel agency or airline, Hilton has a travel agent program that provides discounts of up to 50% off generally available rates.
Furthermore, Travel Agents have a dedicated Hilton Travel Agent Booking Site where you can find everything a travel professional would need to know about Hilton including information about commissions, training, and special offers.
Travel Agents also have access to a program called Unlimited Rewards, which is a program for travel agents to earn points off the bookings they make for their clients.
I did some research and checked rates at a variety of popular destinations throughout the year to see what I would come up with. I found the Hilton Travel Agent discounts much harder to find than similar travel agent rates at Marriott and Hyatt. Frankly, the discounts were almost non-existent and when I did find one, the rate wasn’t as exciting as I would have expected. Overall, the program seems a bit disappointing.
What are Hilton Airline Employee Rates?
On a positive note, Hilton doesn’t just offer discounts to Travel Agents, they also extend their discounts to employees of airlines, including Pilots, Flight Attendants, etc.. You’ll be required to show your airline employee ID card at check in, so any employee of any airline should be eligible for these discounted rates.
The Hilton Airline Employee rate is much easier to find than the Travel Agent rate. All you have to do with the airline rate is enter the rate code “AL” in the promotion code box when searching for your hotel and dates. If a hotel as an eligible rate available it will show up at the top of the available rate table.
Here is a direct link to the Hilton booking site that has the code already populated.
Who can use a Hilton Travel Agent & Airline Employee Rate?
These rates are not available to the general public. You must be an employee of an airline and be able to present your airline employee ID or, for Travel Agents, you must present your IATAN Photo ID.
How much can you save with Hilton Travel Agent Rates?
The discounts really aren’t that great for Travel Agents and Airline employees. They are better than the generally available rates (when available) but are not as good as a Hilton MVP Rate or a rate you can get with a Hilton Corporate Code.
Terms and Conditions
Hilton travel agent and airline rates are highly discounted rates exclusively for certified travel agent and airline employees, therefore the following conditions apply:
- Offer is valid for Travel Agent personal travel only for stays at participating properties in the Hilton portfolio subject to availability.
- Valid IATAN photo ID required at check-in. International Travel Agents who do not have IATAN Photo ID must provide valid photo ID at time of check in.
- Offer must be booked at least 7 Days in advance of stay date with a minimum length of stay of 1 night and a maximum length stay of 7 nights. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
- The exclusive discount rate relates to the hotel’s Best Available Rate which is a specific rate type that varies depending on time of purchase, is unrestricted, non-qualified, and excludes discount or negotiated rates.
- This Travel Agent offer is NON-COMMISSIONABLE.
More Content for Hilton Honors Fans
If you like what you are reading now, here are some more great articles every Hilton Honors member should check out!
- Detailed Guide and Review of the Hilton Honors Loyalty Program
- How to Easily get Hilton Diamond and Gold Status
- The latest Hilton Honors Promotion and other ways to save on your Hilton stays
- How to save 20% with the Hilton MVP rate
- The Hilton Go Team Member Rate: How Hilton team members and their family and friends can save big!