In this article, we dig into the IHG travel agent rate program, called “Travel Consultant Connection”, and see how much travel advisors can save by using these special rates at IHG properties.
The IHG Travel Agent Program
Like most other major hotel chains, IHG offers discounted rates for travel agents to check out their properties at a lower rate so they can promote them to their clients. These rates are only available to travel agents and the discounts range from 35-50%.
The following IHG benefits apply to a Travel Agent’s personal travel only. These rates are not for clients:
- 2 rooms allowed per stay, unlimited stays
- Travel industry rates available at IHG hotels globally
- A minimum of 35% off the Best Flex Rate and many IHG hotels may offer even higher discounts.
- Earn IHG One Rewards points for your stay.
- Cancellations without penalty. House policies will apply if cancellation is not made by the time and day detailed during the booking process.
- Your Travel Industry ID is required at check-in.
- The discount is non-commissionable.
- The rate is only available via the IHG Travel Agent Portal, or by calling the Central Reservation Office (CRO) at 1- 800-810-4499.
The program has a higher discount than some of the other travel agent programs like Marriott Fam-tastic, Hyatt, and Hilton. On top of that, agents can earn IHG One Rewards points when booking stays which is a big plus that the other hotel chains don’t provide.
Can Anyone Book an IHG Travel Agent Rate?
No. If you book a room with an IHG Travel Agent Rate, you’ll be required to present your Travel Industry ID/IATAN Card, Agency Business Card, or a letter on agency letterhead from agency management verifying your agency employment is required at check-in.
This is not something you can “hack”, you need to be a registered travel agent to get these rates.
While IHG is very strict on travel agent rates, they are more lenient on other discounted rates such as:
Savings with IHG Travel Advisor Rates
In order to book an IHG Travel Agent Rate, you’ll need to register on the travel agent portal first.
However, if you have your IATAN number handy, you can book through the main IHG booking site and enter your IATA# in the designated box. The savings can be up to 50%, which is why they are so strict on ID verification.
Brands that allow IHG Travel Advisor Rates:
You can receive IHG travel agent rates when you book a personal stay at the following IHG brands:
- Luxury and Lifestyle Brands:
- Regent Hotels
- Six Senses Hotels
- Vignette Collection
- Kimpton Hotels and Resorts
- Hotel Indigo
- Premium Collection Brands:
- Crowne Plaza
- voco Hotels
- EVEN Hotels
- Essentials Collection Brands:
- Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express
- Suites Collection Brands:
- Candlewood Suites
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations
- Staybridge Suites
- Atwell Suites
IHG Travel Agent Portal
Booking both personal and client travel is just one thing you can do in the IHG Travel Agent Portal, (also known as the IHG Travel Consultant Connection Portal). Within this portal, you’ll also find news and information on new hotels, information about IHG brands, agent commissions, promotions, and much more.
IHG Travel Agent Login Page
Once you have registered as a travel agent with IHG, you can log in to the IHG Travel Agent Login Page to access all of your information.
IHG Travel Agent University
The IHG Travel Agent University is an interactive tool covering our brands, commissions, and loyalty program so you can make the best choices when booking travel for your clients
IHG Agent University is designed to:
- Acquaint you with our distinctive brands
- Provide you with valuable information on our programs that recognize you, including IHG Rewards Club and our travel agent discount rates for your personal travel
- Reward you directly with select offerings like graduation rewards!
More Travel Advisor Content
Here are some more articles on how much Travel Agents can save at other major hotel brands.