In this article we dig into the IHG travel agent rate program, called “Travel Consultant Connection”, and see how much you can save by using these special rates.
What is the IHG Travel Agent Program?
Like most other major hotel chains, IHG offers discounted rates for travel agents to check out their properties at a lower rate so they can promote them to their clients. These rates are only available to the travel agents and the discounts range from 35-50%.
The following IHG benefits apply to Travel Agent personal travel only – not for clients:
- 2 rooms allowed per stay, unlimited stays
- Travel industry rate available at IHG hotels globally
- Minimum of 35% off the Best Flex Rate and many IHG hotels may offer even higher discounts.
- Receive IHG Rewards Club points for your stay.
- Cancellations without penalty. House policies will apply if cancellation is not made by the time and day detailed during the booking process.
- Your Travel Industry ID is required at check in.
- The discount is non-commissionable.
- The rate is only available via the Travel Consultant Connection site, or by calling the Central Reservation Office (CRO) at 1- 800-810-4499.
The program has a higher level of discount than some of the other travel agent programs like Marriott Fam-tastic, Hyatt and Hilton. On top of that, agents can earn IHG rewards club points when booking stays which is a big plus that the others don’t provide.
Can Anyone Use the IHG Travel Agent Rate Code
If you book a room with an IHG Travel Agent Rate, you’ll be required to present your Travel Industry ID/IATAN Card, Agency Business Card or a letter on agency letterhead from agency management verifying your agency employment is required at check-in.
This is not something you can “hack”, you need to be a registered travel agent to get these rates.
While IHG is very strict on travel agent rates, they are more lenient on other discounted rates such as:
How Much Can you Save With IHG Travel Agent Rates?
In order to book an IHG Travel Agent Rate, you’ll need to register on the travel agent portal first.
However, if you have your IATAN number handy, you can also book through the main IHG booking site and enter your IATA# in the designated box. The savings can be up to 50%, which is why they are so strict on the ID verification.
IHG Travel Agent Portal
Booking your own travel is just one thing you can do on the IHG Travel Agent Portal. Here you will also find news and information on new hotels, information about IHG brands, agent commissions, promotions and much more.
IHG Travel Agent Login Page
Once you have registered an a travel agent with IHG, you can login to the IHG Travel Agent Login Page to access all of your information.
IHG Travel Agent University
The IHG Travel Agent University is an interactive tool covering our brands, commissions and loyalty program so you can make the best choices when booking travel for your clients
IHG Agent University is designed to:
- Acquaint you with our distinctive brands
- Provide you with valuable information on our programs that recognize you, including IHG Rewards Club and our travel agent discount rates for your personal travel
- Reward you directly with select offerings like graduation rewards!