Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
If you are a certified travel agent looking to save on your next stay with IHG, make sure you take advantage of their discounted IHG travel agent rates. IHG’s familiarization program for travel agents offers discounts of up to 50% when you book through the IHG Travel Consultant Connection Portal.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at IHG Travel Agent Rates and how Travel Advisors can take advantage of them. We’ll dig into the IHG travel agent rate program, called “Travel Consultant Connection” and see how much travel advisors can actually save by using these special rates at IHG properties.
So whether you’re an agent planning a business trip to familiarize yourself with a property or just looking to take a leisurely vacation, read on to discover how you can save big on your next hotel booking through IHG.
The IHG Travel Agent Familiarization Program
Like most other major hotel chains, IHG offers discounted rates for travel agents to familiarize themselves with IHG hotels and resorts at a reduced rate. These rates are called “familiarization rates” and are only available to travel agents so they can be more informed when promoting an IHG property to their clients.
The following IHG benefits and terms apply to a Travel Agent’s personal travel only, they are not for client bookings:
- 2 rooms allowed per stay, unlimited stays. (If booking a 2nd room the agent must be with the guest at time of check in).
- Rooms must be booked at least 24 hours in advance of check-in.
- Your Travel Industry ID (IATAN/IATA card) is required at check-in.
- Earn IHG One Rewards points for your stay. You can also register and qualify for IHG One Rewards promotions.
- The rate is not valid for commission.
- The rate is only available to book via the IHG Travel Agent Portal, or by calling the Central Reservation Office at 1- 800-810-4499.
The program has a higher discount than some of the other travel agents programs like Marriott Fam-tastic, Hyatt, and Hilton. On top of that, travel agents can earn IHG One Rewards points when booking stays which is a big plus that the other hotel chains don’t provide.
How to Book IHG Travel Agents Rate
IHG Travel Agent rates can be booked with through the normal IHG Booking Page or through the IHG ICC Travel Agent Portal. If you are booking through the main booking page, make sure the “Travel Consultant Discount Rate” is selected in the Rate Preference field and enter your IATA# in the IATA field.
Example: Kimpton Hotel Chicago
Below is an example of the savings a travel consultant would receive a the Kimpton Hotel Monaco in Chicago. With a room rate of $240 per night, the discount for this property is approximately 28% off the prepaid rate and 32% off the member discount rate.
The terms of this rate are as follows:
- Rate is available for travel agents who can present a valid IATA ID or travel agent ID card at check-in. Rate requires to be booked one day in advance and is limited to 2 rooms per travel agent. If booking a 2nd room the agent must be with the guest at the time of check-in.
Can Anyone Book These Rates?
No. If you book a room with an IHG Travel Agent Rate, you’ll be required to present your Travel Industry ID/IATAN Card, Agency Business Card, or a letter on agency letterhead from agency management verifying your agency employment is required at check-in.
This is not something you can “hack”, you need to be a registered travel agent to get these rates.
While IHG is very strict on travel agent rates, they are more lenient on other discounted rates such as:
IHG Brands that allow Travel Advisor Rates:
You can receive discounted rates for IHG travel agents when you book a personal stay at the following IHG brands:
- Luxury and Lifestyle Brands:
- Regent Hotels
- Six Senses Hotels
- Vignette Collection
- Kimpton Hotels and Resorts
- Hotel Indigo
- Premium Collection Brands:
- Crowne Plaza
- voco Hotels
- EVEN Hotels
- Essentials Collection Brands:
- Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express
- Suites Collection Brands:
- Candlewood Suites
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations
- Staybridge Suites
- Atwell Suites
IHG Travel Agent Portal
Booking both personal and client travel is just one thing you can do in the IHG Travel Agent Portal, (also known as the IHG Travel Consultant Connection Portal). Within this portal, you’ll also find news and information on new hotels, information about IHG brands, agent commissions, promotions, and much more.
IHG Travel Agent Login Page
Once you have registered as a travel agent with IHG, you can log in to the IHG Travel Agent Login Page to access all of your information.
IHG Travel Agent University
The IHG Travel Agent University is an interactive tool covering our brands, commissions, and loyalty program so you can make the best choices when booking travel for your clients
IHG Agent University is designed to:
- Acquaint you with our distinctive brands
- Provide you with valuable information on our programs that recognize you, including IHG Rewards Club and our travel agent discount rates for your personal travel
- Reward you directly with select offerings like graduation rewards!
More Travel Advisor Content
Here are some more articles on how much Travel Agents can save at other major hotel brands.