The “Hilton MVP Rate Code” is a special discount code that can help you save quite a bit on your next Hilton stay. It's a something all Hilton Loyalists need to understand and take advantage of.
Here is everything you need to know….
The Hilton MVP Rate Code provides the highest level of discount from Hilton (up to 20%). So any time you are booking a Hilton stay, you should check to see if this code is available.
Just be aware that properties in Europe, Africa and Asia do not participate. It's only available at participating properties in the America's region (Canada, United States, Mexico and possibly some countries in South America).
Popular Hilton Discount Rates vs. Hilton MVP Rate:
By comparison, the other Hilton discounts are in the 5-10% range.
- Hilton AARP Rate – The stated discount at Hilton for AARP members is up to 10% at participating Hilton Portfolio hotels across the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean. However if you look at the Hilton AARP page and review the offers, the discount typically is more like 5%.
- Hilton AAA/CAA Member Discount – The stated discount for AAA/CAA members is up to 10%. If you bundle it with a package such as the AAA/CAA Family Fun package, the discount will typically be 5%
- Hilton MVP Rate – The stated discount for MVP members is up to 20% off the best available rate. This discount applies to anyone who is an athletic administrator, athlete, or affiliated with a sports entity, sports-related company, sports group or event.
What is the Hilton MVP Rate Code?
The Hilton MVP Rate is a special rate designed to attract people traveling with sports teams or for certain sporting events. This demographic represents a huge market for hotels (especially select service and other mid-range hotels) and Hilton wants to use this code to grab as much of that market as possible!
The official terms and qualifications for using this special rate code are as follows:
As a valued, coach, leader or participant of group travel for sports, we invite you to receive a discount off the best available rate at participating hotels in the Hilton portfolio. Find hotels above to get your team's next trip started.
Please note: You must be an athletic administrator, athlete, or affiliated with a sports entity, sports-related company, sports group or event to be eligible. You will be asked to show credentials, such as an official business card designated with your team logo, etc.
This is a fairly loose definition that is very easy to qualify for. For example, I am an avid golfer and belong to the Golf Association of Michigan. My membership qualifies me as someone who is “affiliated with a sports entity or sports group”, so I am eligible to use this code.
If you are not currently affiliated with a sports entity, all you have to do is join one. Here are a couple of sports associations that are cheap and easy to join:
Once you are a member of any of these (or similar sports associations) you are officially qualified to use the Hilton MVP Rate.
How to Book a Room with the Hilton MVP Code
In order to book a room with the Hilton MVP discount rate, you have to do one of three things (in addition to being a Hilton Honors Member).
- Book through Hilton MVP Page –
- If you book through the Hilton MVP Rate Page, the MVP Rate will automatically show up in the list of available hotels.
- Have a Hilton MVP Rate Code and book on Hilton's website. (click on the code and the promo rate field will be automatically populated)
- Have a Hilton MVP Rate Code and book on Hilton's Mobile App
Where do you enter the Hilton MVP Code?
The process is the same as when you enter a Hilton Corporate Code, but the field is different. Enter the relevant MVP promo code in the “Promotion/Offer Code” field, before you hit “GO” to search for available properties.
As with any special promo rate, the discount varies by hotel and will not always be available or offered.
There is an easy way to check if this is really the best available rate. Go to Hilton.com and compare all the regular and promotional rates against the MVP Rate. Check the AAA, AARP and Hilton Honors member rates. If the hotel offers an MVP rate, it will probably be the best rate you will find.
Here is a quick example to provide the point. I went to the Hilton MVP Rate Page, and checked availability for the Hilton MVP rate for a single night stay in Chicago. The results showed all available hotels for that night, including any that offered an MVP rate. Hotels that offer the MVP rate will have the “Corporate Account” green check mark above the rate.
In the example we tested, there were quite a few hotels in Chicago that offered the MVP rate. The screen shot below only shows a few of them to highlight what an eligible hotel looks like.
After selecting the hotel you are interested in, Hilton will show several rate options for the hotel. As you can see, the Hilton MVP Rate is a much better deal than the AARP, AAA and Hilton Honors member rates.
It won't always work, but when it does, you will get a nice savings on your Hilton stay.
More Content for Hilton Honors Fans:
If you like what you are reading now, here are some more great articles every Hilton Honors member should check out!
- Detailed Guide and Review of the Hilton Honors Loyalty Program
- How to Easily get Hilton Diamond and Gold Status
- How to save with Hilton Corporate Discount Codes
- The latest Hilton Honors Promotion and other ways to save on your Hilton stays
- How to save 20% with the Hilton MVP rate
- The Hilton Go Team Member Rate: How Hilton team members and their family and friends can save big!