Are you an airline employee looking to save on your next hotel stay? Look no further than Hilton airline staff personal travel rates. With these Hilton airline employee rates, eligible airline staff can save up to 50% off the hotel’s best available rate at over 6,100 properties worldwide.
In this article, we’ll explore the details of Hilton’s airline employee discount program and how much airline employees can save.
The Hilton Airline Employee Rate
Airline employees who work for participating airlines are eligible for Hilton airline employee discounts. These discounts typically range from 25% to 50% off the hotel’s best available rate. The exact discount percentage may vary depending on the property and availability.
There are no requirements to book the airline rate, you just need to enter the airline employee code “AL” in the promo code box when searching for room availability. However, when checking in you will have to provide proof of employment with their airline when you check in. This can include an employee ID or a letter from the airline’s HR department.
You don’t want to try to “Hack” this rate. Hilton will check your ID and you will be stuck paying the full rack rate if you can’t show proof that you are with the airline.
How to Book a Hilton Airline Employee Rate
The process of booking the Airline Employee rate is very easy, however, it isn’t always easy to find an available airline employee rate. These discounts are subject to availability and blackout dates, so, during peak travel periods, such as holidays and major events, the discount may not be available.
Additionally, I have actually found these rates to be more readily available at international properties, vs. Hilton properties in the United States. While Hilton doesn’t state in the terms of this offer that it does not apply to US properties, it sure feels that way, based on my attempts to find these rates in the US.
Here is how to book an airline employee rate:
Click on this link to the Hilton Booking Page with Airline Employee Discount Pre-populated.
Then enter your travel destination and dates. The search results will show you what hotels have the airline discount available.
In the example below, only one hotel has the airline rate available. You can tell because it will say “airline staff rate” under the price. If it doesn’t say “airline staff rate” then the airline discount is not available for this date.
Once you select the “view rates” button you will be able to see what level of discount you are getting with the airline staff rate. In this example, the savings are about 37% lower than the Honors Discount rate.
Terms & Conditions of the Hilton Airline Employee Rate
- Airline Employee Rate Promotion rates vary by participating property and are subject to room type and rate availability, and may be changed without prior notice
- Airline Employee Rate Promotion rates are not available for all room types
- Discounted rate is available to airline staff identifying themselves as airline employees and who present valid airline identification at check-in
- Limit of two rooms per airline employee per eligible stay
- The Airline Employee Rate Promotion is available for room bookings only and not for packages or other components
- A valid credit card plus a refundable deposit equivalent to a one-night stay plus tax may be required at the time of booking
- Airline Employee Rate Promotion bookings are subject to applicable taxes, fees, and assessments, as well as daily mandatory charges (i.e. resort fees) and other standard service charges (as applicable)
- Airline Employee Rate percentage discounts may vary based on local laws, hotel locations/occupancy, and blackout dates
- The Airline Employee Rate Promotion may be terminated by Hilton at any time without prior notice
- Non-commissionable rates, bookable by airline staff directly for leisure stays at participating hotels in the Hilton system
Hilton Airline Staff Webpage and Login
You can access Hilton’s page for Airline Staff Rates here.