Hyatt has released the details of its first loyalty promotion of the year, called “Bonus Journeys”. It provides double points for every stay, plus an option to earn 1,500 more bonus points if your stay includes a weekend night. Keep reading and learn all the important details of the World of Hyatt Q1 2020 Promotion.
World of Hyatt Promotion Details
Here are the highlights of the Promotion:
- You must register by March 31, 2020 to be eligible to earn bonus points
- Earn 2X bonus points for every stay, starting with your second stay
- Valid for stays between February 15 and May 15, 2020
- You can earn up to 100,000 bonus points
- All properties qualify including Hyatt’s new brands like Thompson Hotels, Destination Hotels, and at participating MGM Resorts Destinations in Las Vegas, Small Luxury Hotels of the World hotels, and with Lindblad Expeditions.
World of Hyatt Promotion – Fall 2019
How to Maximize this Hyatt Promotion
This promotion is very straightforward and is tied to the amount of money you spend with Hyatt. Since only the base points are doubled, having elite status with Hyatt will not increase the amount of bonus points you earn. All members are rewarded the same with this promotion.
Here are two examples to illustrate earning potential from this promotion:
- “Traveler 1” is a Technology Salesperson who tends to move from city to city and only stays one night at a time at any given hotel. “Traveler 1” stays one night per week at a Hyatt hotel over the promotion period. With the promotion period lasting 13 weeks, “Traveler 1” would have 13 single night stays, with an average nightly base rate of $150, which would provide:
- 750 bonus points for each stay
- 9,750 total bonus points for the promotion period (on top of points from normal earning)
- “Traveler 2” is a Business Consultant that travels to the same location every week and stays three nights at the hotel for every week of the promotion period. With the promotion period lasting 13 weeks, “Traveler 2” would have 13 stays and a total 39 nights, with an average nightly base rate of $150, which would provide:
- 750 points for each stay
- 29,250 total bonus points for the promotion period (on top of points from normal earning)
Both travelers benefit from this promotion with extra bonus points, however, “Traveler 2” will earn more simply because he is spending more with Hyatt over the promotion period.
This is very different from the current Hilton promotion which is based on “Stays” and “Nights”, regardless of how much you spend.
One last thing to note is that we did not consider the weekend stay part of this bonus in our example. However, you can easily add 1,500 bonus points for each stay that would have a weekend night tied to it. Most business travelers don’t have weekend stays, but if you do, make sure you pay with a Hyatt credit card to get the extra points.
Additional Points with Elite Status and Hyatt Credit Card
The table below shows the points you'll earn from a $150 hotel night, without the bonus points from the current promotion. The amount of points you earn on a standard stay will vary depending on your elite status level and if you use the World of Hyatt credit card to pay for your stay.
A common valuation of World of Hyatt points is 1.7 cents per point. This gives a member with Explorist status a 10% return (900 points) on a $150 single night stay and bumps it to an 17% return (1,500 points) when paying with the World of Hyatt Visa card.
When you add the bonus points from this promotion into the mix and pay with your Hyatt credit card, you will get a 19% return (2,250 points) on your stay. If you have Globalist status you'll get a 20% (2,325 points) return on your stay when you pay with the card and include the bonus points.
There are a bunch of variations of this calculation depending on how many nights you stay, what level of status you have with Hyatt and if you pay with a World of Hyatt Credit Card. Hopefully, the examples here gave you a feel for the potential of this bonus. Do the math yourself, based on your travel patterns, and see if this is a good promotion for you.
Either way, always sign up for every promotion. It won’t cost you anything and will only take a couple of seconds to sign up. If you forget to sign up, you won’t get the bonus points… Register here...
More Content for World of Hyatt Fans:
If you like what you are reading now, here are some more great articles every World of Hyatt member should check out!
Important Terms and Conditions of this Promotion
- Register for the promotion between February 5 and March 31, 2020 to participate.
- All eligible paid stays under this promotion must occur after registration and have a checkout date between February 15 and May 15, 2020 (“Promotion Period”).
- Beginning on your second eligible stay, you will receive double points per eligible stay at Hyatt hotels and resorts worldwide and participating M life Rewards destinations and Small Luxury Hotels of the World hotels.
- You will receive an additional 1,500 Bonus Points per eligible stay, starting with your second stay, that includes a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night during the Promotion Period.
- Maximum 100,000 Bonus Points may be earned during Promotion Period.
- Only Base Points are doubled, and all points awarded under this promotion are Bonus Points.
- For the purpose of this promotion, an “Eligible Stay” is defined as any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate for at least one night of their stay. Stays on consecutive nights at the same hotel will constitute one stay.
- Only the room occupied by the Member will count toward this promotion.
- This promotion is subject to the terms and conditions of the World of Hyatt program available at com/terms. All rights reserved.