Marriott just released the Marriott Rewards Q4 2018 Promotion. It is called “MegaBonus in More Places” and can earn you up to 3,000 Bonus Points per stay.
With all of the challenges surrounding the Marriott – SPG Loyalty Program merger, many were questioning if there would even be a promotion this quarter, so it is great to see that Marriott providing this bonus during a very chaotic time (especially for their IT team). Even if it is not the most lucrative bonus I have seen….
Marriott's goal with this promotion is to get you to stay longer and try out more brands.
Marriott Rewards MegaBonus Promo Q4 2018
The Marriott Rewards Q4 2018 Promotion:
- Register by January 7, 2019
- Stay at any participating Marriott hotel and resort worldwide between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019.
- Earn 2,000 bonus points on all stays* of two or more nights
- Earn 1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand.
- Have a chance to win prizes with 29 Ways to Stay
The promotion is a similar to previous MegaBonus promotions, but there are a couple of key differences.
The largest of which is the 2 night stay requirement. This was common with prior SPG promotions, but Marriott typically offered promotions that would reward travelers that stayed one night at a time. This change is a real bummer for those that only stay one night at a time.
The added bonus for staying at multiple brands is new as well. Not a huge benefit but it definitely helps ease the pain for single night travelers….
The added bonus is nice, however, it does get diluted for Gold and Platinum members if you were to consider staying in a Courtyard, Springhill Suites or other select service property to get the multi-brand bonus. The Bonus point welcome gift at these properties is half of what you get at full serve properties.
To further expand on that, it is actually pointless to change your hotel stay pattern to get the multi-brand bonus at Residence Inn, Element or Townplace Suites. They not only have 1/2 the welcome bonus, but they also only earn 5 points per dollar instead of the 10 points per dollar earned at other properties. Unless I have no other choice, I totally stay clear of these three properties.
Check out this chart to make sure you stay on top of the welcome bonus points you get with each property as a gold elite and above.
You should always register for every promotion, but unless you stay more than one night at a time, this is not a great opportunity to earn a ton of bonus points. 🙁
Other Q4 Promotions of Interest:
Terms and Conditions of the Marriott Rewards Q4 2019 Promotion:
- Registration is required.
- Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards (“Loyalty Program”) members who register for this promotion by January 7, 2019 will earn 2,000 bonus points per stay on stays of 2 or more nights at participating brands. Plus, members can earn an additional 1,000 bonus points per brand starting with the second brand at which the member stays during the promotion earning period.
- The promotion earning period is for stays between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019, at participating Marriott Rewards, SPG and Ritz-Carlton properties.
- A ‘stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable.
- Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends.
- Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points.
- Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
- For a list of current participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi.
- All Loyalty Program terms and conditions apply. See https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information.
- Visit www.Marriott.com/MorePlaces or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.
If you are affiliated with a large company, make sure to see if they have an existing Marriott corporate code to save on your room rate.