Marriott has announced their Fall 2017 MegaBonus Promotion and it’s not that impressive.
The Fall 2017 Promotion is different from the recent string of Marriott MegaBonus offers that provided Marriott Rewards points. This one will give you a free night after two stays at a Category 1-5 property.
I will definitely register for this one and will probably get a free night out of it, but I would not go out of my way to stay at a Marriott property for this promotion. If you want a promotion that will earn Marriott points, go for the SPG Fall 2017 promotion and transfer the Starpoints over to Marriott Rewards points.
Details of the Fall 2017 Marriott MegaBonus Promotion:
- Register by November 30, 2017.
- Stay at any participating Marriott hotel and resort worldwide between September 12 and January 15, 2018.
- Earn a free night after two paid stays.
You will earn a free night at a category 1-5 property after two stays ONLY once. This is not a promotion to earn a free night every time you stay two nights. You will get one free night after 2 stays, then Marriott will send you an additional offer 2-3 days after your second stay. They haven’t announced what the second promotion is, and it may be different for each member.
I am personally not a big fan of this offer or any of the previous Marriott offers that gave a free night for two reasons. First, there are not a ton of great Marriott properties in the 1-5 category, especially ones that are easily accessible. Second, the free nights expire so if you don’t use them fairly quickly the promo goes to waste.
Hopefully they bring back the points based promotions going forward.
If you want to find all current promotions for Marriott go to our Marriott Rewards Promotion Page.
Terms of the Marriott Fall 2017 MegaBonus Promotions (important items highlights in Red):
- Registration is required.
- Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by November 30, 2017 will earn one (1) free night award at a category 1-5 hotel (value of standard free night award ranges from 7,500 points for Category 1 hotels to 25,000 points for Category 5 hotels) after two paid stays* made between September 12, 2017 and January 15, 2018, at participating Marriott® properties.
- If a member completes two qualifying stays during the promotional period, an additional offer may be unlocked and become available in the members account within 2-3 days after the second qualifying stay.
- The member may not receive additional notification except through their online member account and must register for the additional offer within two (2) weeks from the date the additional offer becomes available.
- Maximum one (1) free night award earned with this promotion per member to be redeemed for a future stay at participating Marriott Rewards category 1-5 properties.
- Free night award will expire six (6) months after the date of issuance.
- An earned free night award is good for one (1) single or double occupancy standard room only and includes the cost of the hotel room and applicable room taxes only.
- An earned free night award will be added to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay.
- The awarded free night certificate is not transferable and may not be given as a gift.
- Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit.
- Stays at ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
- Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
- Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
- For a list of current Marriott Rewards participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/earn/hotels.mi.
- Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
- Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion.