Marriott has officially announced its first loyalty promotion under the new Bonvoy brand.
The promotion is called “Double Take” and it offers double points on all stays (starting with your second stay) at more than 6,700 participating Marriott hotels and resorts around the world. Overall, I think it is a pretty good promotion. Here are the details..
Details of the Marriott Bonvoy Spring 2019 Promotion
- The promotion is valid at participating Marriott hotels and resorts worldwide between March 19, 2019, and June 4, 2019.
- Earn double points on all stays, starting with your second stay.
- Marriott Bonvoy U.S. Card Members earn an extra bonus of 500 additional points for weekend stays — starting with the first stay.
- Registration is required to earn the points. Register by May 21, 2019. The promotion actually runs until June 4, but registration stops on May 21.
Marriott Bonvoy Promotion: Summer 2019
How the Marriott Bonvoy Double Take Promotion works:
This bonus points will start after you register and stay one night at any hotel that participates in the Marriott Bonvoy Program. Then, starting with your second stay, you will earn bonus points for each stay at Marriott hotels and resorts worldwide. The double bonus points are not for all the points you earn, just the base points. Base points are are calculated as follows:
- 10 base points per dollar spent on all qualifying charges at most Marriott Bonvoy Brands
- 5 base points per dollar spent on all qualifying charges at Residence Inn, TownPlace Suites and element.
- 2.5 base points per dollar on all qualifying charges at ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments.
Here is a quick calculation on how many points you will earn for a $200 hotel stay at different Marriott brands, including any elite status bonuses you may qualify for.
There is no cap on the number of points that can be earned with this promotion.
Marriott Card Holder Bonus – There is a second bonus on this offer for Marriott credit card holders, although it is not great and pobably won't apply to most people. With this part of the bonus you can earn 500 bonus points for a weekend stay, which is essentially any paid stay that includes a Friday and Saturday night.
Terms and Conditions of the Marriott Bonvoy Spring 2019 Promotion:
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer. The terms highlighted in red are the important ones to pay attention to.
- Registration is required to earn bonus points.
- Marriott Bonvoy members who register for this promotion by May 21, 2019 will earn double points per stay, starting with their second stay during the promotion earning period. The double points earning is only applicable to members’ base points earned per stay.
- The promotion earning period is for stays between March 19, 2019 and June 4, 2019, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties.
- A ‘stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
- Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
- ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments and Marriott Vacation Club owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points.
- Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
- Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
- For a list of current participating brands, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi.
- As part of this promotion, Marriott Bonvoy members who are the primary account holder of a U.S.-issued Marriott Bonvoy co-brand credit card (Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy Business™ Credit Card from Chase and/or The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card from JPMorgan) will earn 500 bonus points per weekend stay, including the first weekend stay, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties during the promotion earning period.
- A ‘weekend stay’ is defined as a stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night regardless of where the hotel is located.
- The 500 bonus points per weekend stay is in addition to any double points earned.
- Marriott Bonvoy member’s card account must be open as of May 21, 2019 in order to qualify for the Card Member bonus. To be eligible to receive the Card Member bonus, Card Member must have an active Marriott Bonvoy member account linked to their credit card that was used to register for this promotion.
If you are looking for more ways to earn Marriott Bonvoy points, make sure to check out our Marriott Promo Marriott Promo Page. If you work for a major coporation or are visting one for business, make sure to see if a Marriott Corporate Code can save you or your company on your nightly rate.