Hilton has released the details of its first Honors promotion of the year. It’s called “Points Unlimited” and it provides 2,000 bonus points for every stay, plus an additional bonus after 10 nights. Keep reading and learn the important details of the Hilton Honors Q1 2020 Promotion.
Hilton Honors Q1 2020 Promotion Details
Here are the highlights of the Hilton Honors Promotion:
- You must register to be eligible to earn bonus points
- Earn 2,000 bonus points for every stay
- Earn an additional 10,000 bonus points after every ten nights
- Valid for stays between January 6 and May 3, 2020
- There’s no limit to how many points you can earn
- There’s no minimum stay requirement, so you will earn the bonus with your first stay of the promotion period
- All properties qualify
Hilton Honors Promotion:
How to Maximize the Promotion
Most hotel loyalty promotions tend to award either travelers with frequent stays or those that stay longer and rack up a bunch of nights. The great thing about this promotion is that is appeals to both, although the “frequent stay” traveler can maximize it a little better.
Here are two examples to illustrate:
“Traveler 1” is a Technology Salesperson who tends to move from city to city and only stays 1 night at a time at any given hotel. For this example, Traveler 1 stays one night per week at a Hilton hotel over the promotion period. With the promotion period lasting 18 weeks, Traveler 1 would have 18 single night stays which would provide:
- 36,000 bonus points for each stay
- 10,000 bonus points for 10 nights (this traveler will fall just short of a second 10,000 points bonus)
- 46,000 total bonus points on top of the standard earning
“Traveler 2” is a Business Consultant that travels to the same location every week and typically stays 3 nights at the hotel for every week of the promotion period. With the promotion period lasting 18 weeks, that would be 18 stays and a total 54 nights of which would provide:
- 36,000 points for each stay
- 50,000 bonus points for 54 nights
- 86,000 total bonus points on top of the standard earning
Both travelers benefit from this promotion with a lot of bonus points, however
- Traveler 1 earns a total of 46,000 bonus points which equates to 2,555 bonus points for every stay or 2,555 bonus points per night
- Traveler 2 earns a total of 86,000 bonus points which equates to 4,777 bonus points for every stay or 1,592 bonus points per night
One other point to note is that this promotion is based on “Stays” and “Nights” and is not a double or triple base point promotion. So, it doesn’t matter if you are staying at high-end, expensive properties or cheap, budget properties, the amount of bonus you receive is the same.
Additional Points with Elite Status and Hilton Credit Card
The table below shows the amount of points you will earn with a $150 hotel night, without the bonus points from the current promotion. The amount of points you earn will vary depending on your elite status level and if you use a Hilton Honors credit card to pay for your stay.
A common valuation of Hilton Honors points is .6 cents per point. This gives a Gold Elite member and 11% return on a $150 night stay and bumps it to an 18% return when pay with the Hilton Surpass card, (which gives you automatic Gold Status). When you add the bonus points from the promotion into the mix and pay with your Surpass credit card, you will get a 26% return on your stay.
If you have the Hilton Aspire card (which gives you automatic Diamond Status), you will get a 28% return on your stay when you pay with the card and include the bonus points.
There are many variations of this depending on how many nights you stay, what level of status you have with Hilton and if you pay with a Hilton Credit Card. Hopefully, the examples here gave you a feel for the potential of this bonus. Do the math yourself and see if this is a good promotion for you.
Either way, always sign up for every promotion. It won’t cost you anything and will only take a couple of seconds to sign up. If you forget to sign up, you won’t get the bonus points…
Hilton Honors Promotion:
More Content for Hilton Honors Fans:
If you like what you are reading now, here are some more great articles every Hilton Honors member should check out!
- Detailed Guide and Review of the Hilton Honors Loyalty Program
- How to Easily get Hilton Diamond and Gold Status
- How to save with Hilton Corporate Discount Codes
- The latest Hilton Honors Promotion and other ways to save on your Hilton stays
- How to save 20% with the Hilton MVP rate
- The Hilton Go Team Member Rate: How Hilton team members and their family and friends can save big!
Important Terms and Conditions of the Hilton Honors Q1 2020 Promotion
- Offer valid for stays completed January 6 – May 3, 2020 (“Promotion Period”).
- All hotels or resorts within the Hilton Portfolio participate in the promotion.
- Hilton Honors™ members must first register at HiltonHonors.com/PointsUnlimited prior to completing a stay within the Promotion Period.
- Members will earn 2,000 Bonus Points per stay, plus an additional 10,000 Bonus Points for every 10th nights.
- There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that may be earned with this offer.
- Bonus Points do not count toward elite tier qualification.
- A ‘stay' is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel. whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in again.
- Offer is not valid for groups and cannot be combined with other select offers.