Hilton was the first major hotel chain to come out extensions of elite status for their loyalty members, followed by Hyatt. They have since expanded their flexibility for guests and increased support for the medical community that is helping us through this problem. Here is a summary of the latest Hilton Honors COVID-19 updates.
Hilton Honors COVID-19 Updates:
- Cancellation Policy on Existing Reservations
- Flexibility with New Reservations
- Extended Hilton Honors Benefits
- Support of Medical Professionals
Cancellation of Existing Reservations
All individual reservations—even those described as “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”)—that are scheduled for arrival on or before June 30, 2020 can be changed or cancelled at no charge, up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival day.
- If you cancel a rate which required an advanced payment or deposit, Hilton will do everything they can to process your refund as quickly as possible. Due to the influx of cancellations, it may take up to 30 days to complete your request.
- If you are a Hilton Honors member and cancel an Advanced Purchase rate, you may be eligible for a free night certificate for each cancelled night. Free night certificates can be used at our over 6,000+ properties worldwide. Stays must be completed by August 31, 2021.
Flexibility with New Reservations
Any individual reservations you make—even those described as “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”)—that are booked between March 25, 2020 and June 30, 2020 for any future arrival date can be changed or cancelled at no charge, up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival day.
- If you need to adjust reservations made via the Hilton website, app or call center, you can change your reservation here or contact the Hilton Guest Assistance team.
- If you need to adjust reservations made through another travel site, please contact them for assistance.
Extended Hilton Honors Benefits
The following adjustments are being made to the Hilton Honors loyalty program
- 2019 Status Extension. All members whose 2019 status was scheduled to be downgraded on March 31, 2020—whether it’s Diamond, Gold or Silver—will automatically receive an extension through March 31, 2021.
- 2020 Status Extension. Hilton is extending your 2020 member status through March 31, 2022. This means you will continue to enjoy all the Diamond, Gold or Silver benefits you have access to today for the next 24 months!
- Points Extension. Hilton will pause the expiration of all Points scheduled to expire between now and December 31, 2020.
- Weekend Night Rewards Earned on Eligible Hilton Credit Cards. Hilton has extended the expiration date of all unexpired Weekend Night Rewards as of March 11, 2020, and all new ones issued until August 30, 2020, through the end of next summer (August 31, 2021).
Support of Medical Professionals
Hilton and their property owners are donating up to 1 million rooms to medical professionals in the US and supporting the many communities impacted by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) around the world.
- 1 Million Rooms. In partnership with American Express, Hilton will donate up to 1 million hotel room nights across the United States to frontline medical professionals leading the fight against COVID-19. Starting April 13th, rooms will be available free of charge to doctors, nurses, EMTs and other frontline medical staff who are a part of our partner associations who need a place to sleep, recharge or isolate from their families. Rooms are now available through May 9th. For more information read the full press release here.
- Medical Professional Association Partners. Hilton is initially working with 10 associations to provide access to our room donation program, including the American Nurses Association, the American Association of Critical Care Nurses, and the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians. These initial associations collectively represent more than 1 million healthcare workers and we look forward to adding more in the coming weeks. To book these rates, first log into your medical professional association site. You’ll then be directed to our dedicated booking page for the program.