The Frontier Airlines World MasterCard is a great card for anyone that wants to earn a couple of free domestic flights very quickly. Their EarlyReturns program offers the cheapest domestic “award pricing” of any North American carrier, at 20,000 miles for a round trip flight, as well as the lowest “award pricing” for flights to the Caribbean, Mexico and Central America at 30,000 miles.
Combine the 40,000 mile bonus (after spending $500) with the lowest priced reward flights and you have yourself two free domestic flights right off the bat. It’s even better if you live in Denver, where you can fly direct to just about any Frontier destination!
Sign up Bonus, Rewards and Transfer Options
The Frontier Airlines World MasterCard offers a sign up bonus of 40,000 frequent flyer miles after you spend $500 within the first 90 days of having the card.
Cardholders earn 1 mile per dollar spent on everyday purchases and 2 miles per dollar spent with Frontier Airlines.
Points earned in the first year with the Frontier Airlines World MasterCard
Assume you spend $3,000 per month on the Credit Card in the first 12 months.
+ 40,000 Bonus Miles – Must purchase $500 within the first 90 days
+ 36,000 Miles from Spending – 1:1 ratio of points per dollar charged on the card
= 76,000 Miles earned in the first year. That’s enough for:
- 2 Free tickets to great places like Mexico, Dominican Republic or Costa Rica OR
- 3 domestic round trip flights
- You will also receive a $100 Frontier Airlines flight discount voucher after every account anniversary when you spend $2,500 or more on the card
The Frontier Airlines Card is a World Mastercard, you will also get the following additional benefits:
- Free 2 day Shipping with ShopRunner
- Mastercard Global Service: 24 hour emergency assistance.
- Identity theft protection
- Extended Warranty Protection: For manufacturer’s warranties of 3 years or less, the extended protection feature doubles the eligible warranty for up to 1 additional year.
- Purchase Protection: If a card purchase you made in the U.S. is advertised for less in print or online within 90 days, you can be reimbursed the difference up to $500 per item, $2,500 per year.
Our take on the Frontier Airlines World MasterCard
Is it Right for you?
With the 40,000 frequent flyer mile bonus and low award pricing, this is a very good domestic travel credit card. It’s not the best card out there, but it is a great card for those that are looking travel domestically or to certain locations in Latin America/Caribbean.
The positives of this card are:
- 40,000 sign up bonus combined with great award pricing – gets you 2 free flights in North America, including Alaska
- Low minimum spend of $500 to get the sign up bonus
- Ability to use miles for rental cars (Hertz and National)
Some of the drawbacks to this card are:
- Frontier does not offer flights to Europe or Asia – Frontier serves North American, Mexico, Costa Rica and some parts of the Caribbean.
- The annual fee is not waived for the first year
- Frontier charges for checked bags and this card does not give you free baggage like many other co-branded airline cards do
- Frontier is a “no frills” airline like Spirit, so you may get hit with additional fees for baggage, seat assignment, etc..
- You might get approved for the lower value, no fee version of this card instead. Barclay reserves the right to approve you for a lower version of the card.
Apply Here with this secure link for the Frontier Airlines World MasterCard.
For a complete list of all Travel Credit Cards go to the Milepro Travel Credit Card Page. On this page you will find all of the best travel credit cards including the best Travel Reward Cards, Airline Mile Cards, Hotel Point Cards and the latest sign up bonus offers.
Know Your Credit Score:
Before you apply for any credit card, you should make sure you have an understanding of your credit score and credit history. Most Travel Credit Card Companies require you to have a strong credit score, ideally they will prefer a FICO score of at least 700.
Once you apply for a credit card, the credit card company will perform a credit inquiry. Be aware that credit inquiries will affect your credit score. Each time you apply for a credit card (or any type of loan for that matter), the inquiry will reduce your score anywhere from 2-5 points.
By law, you are allowed to obtain a free copy of your credit report from each of the credit bureaus once a year. The free annual copies of your credit report will give you all of the data that provides the foundation for your credit score, but the Credit Reports don’t provide the Credit Score itself. You will need both your Credit Report and Credit Score to get the full view of your credit situation.
Here are four links to get your Free Credit Score:
- CreditReport.com Free Credit Score
- CreditSesame (no card required – provides Experian Score)
- CreditKarma (no card required – provides TransUnion Score)
- myFICO (link to the Free credit score estimator page)
Here is the link to get your Free Credit Report:
Finally, please only apply for any travel credit card if you pay your bills in full each month. Carrying a balance on any travel credit card will eliminate the benefit of the travel rewards due to the higher interest rates associated with these cards.