The SPG Fall 2017 Promotion details have been released and it is available for registration. The promotion is called “SPG Explore More” and it can mean thousands of extra Starpoints (or Marriott Rewards Points) if you play it properly!
Details of the SPG Fall 2017 Promotion “Explore More”:
- Register for the promotion by November 30, 2017
- Stay at a SPG Property between September 12, 2017, and January 15, 2018 and earn bonus Starpoints:
- 1,000 bonus Starpoints per stay at St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, Le Méridien, Westin, Sheraton, Tribute Portfolio and Design Hotels
- 500 bonus Starpoints per stay at Aloft, Element and Four Points
- 10,000 bonus Starpoints when you stay 25 or more nights
For quite some time the SPG promotions had required you to have a 2 night minimum stay to achieve the bonus, so it is great to see that you can now earn bonus Starpoints with 1 night stays.
The one night stay bonus applies to my travel style, which is to have several one-night stays, vs. those that stay at a property for a 3-4 nights at a time. To that end, this is not a great promotion for those that tend to have longer stays and is clearly targeted to the “signal night stay” crowd that has been ignored by the last several SPG Promotions.
I also like this promotion much better than the Fall 2017 Marriott Promotion, which can net you 1 free night at a category 1-5 property. And, since SPG points transfer to Marriott Rewards at a 3:1 ratio, you can also consider this a 3,000 point Marriott bonus with each stay. Just earn your 1,000 SPG point bonus and transfer them over to Marriott.
Find the SPG Fall 2017 Promotion and more ways to earn bonus Starpoints on our SPG Points and Promotions Page.
Terms and Conditions of the SPG Fall 2017 Promotion:
- Registration: Starwood Preferred Guest® Members must register online at spg.com/exploremore by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET), November 30, 2017. Registered members can earn bonus Starpoints® on eligible stays from September 12, 2017, through January 15, 2018 (the “earning period”), at SPG® Participating Hotels.
- Earning: Registered members can earn 500 Starpoints for eligible stays within the earning period at participating Aloft®, ElementSM, and Four Points® hotels and resorts (Click here to view the list of participating SPG hotels offering 500 Starpoints), and 1,000 Starpoints for eligible stays within the earning period at participating St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Le Méridien®, Westin®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, and Design Hotels™ hotels and resorts (Click here to view the list of participating SPG hotels offering 1,000 Starpoints). Registered members can also earn an additional one-time bonus of 10,000 Starpoints for completing 25 eligible nights at SPG Participating Hotels. Registered SPG Members may take advantage of other bonus promotions at the same time as this Promotion. However, each promotion will award bonus Starpoints independently of each other, and promotions are not combinable.
- Bonusing: The bonus Starpoints will post to the registered member’s SPG account within two to four weeks after the qualifying stay posts.
- Eligible stays and nights: An eligible stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights at the same SPG Participating Hotel by an SPG member who (a) provides his/her SPG member number at the time of reservation or at check-in; (b) pays an eligible rate that earns Starpoints as defined by the terms and conditions of the SPG program (spg.com/t&c); and (c) stays in one of the reserved guest rooms. If on the same day an SPG Member checks out of a guest room and then checks back in to a guest room at the same SPG Participating Hotel, it will count as a single stay for purposes of calculating stays.
- An eligible night is defined as at least one night paying an eligible rate in the Promotion Period. An eligible rate is any rate that is eligible to earn Starpoints in the Starwood Preferred Guest program. A description of eligible stays and eligible rates can be found at spg.com under the program terms and conditions. See Section 2.1 for the complete definition of eligible rates. Note that certain prepaid room reservations — such as when the booking is made through a third party, including but not limited to travelocity.com, expedia.com, orbitz.com and delta.com — are not considered eligible rates and do not earn Starpoints or qualify for promotional earnings. Stays must be booked through any Starpoints-eligible channel, which includes a travel professional who books through those channels or the GDS. Stays will be processed for the promotion in the order they post to the SPG Member’s account.
- All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at spg.com. Offer is applicable to individual members only and not to groups. Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors. SPG reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time. To update your communication preferences or learn about our privacy practices, view our Privacy Statement at spg.com/privacy, or access our privacy information line by calling 1-877-782-0071 in the U.S. and Canada or +353-21-4930474 in all other countries.